TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last minute, but if anyone wants to go along on a good trail ride in southern Colorado this Sat., I'm going to attempt the St. Charles trail. Contact me via email if interested - [email protected]

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Too far for me to attend, but I hope you take and share some pictures of beautiful Colorado.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too far for me to attend, but I hope you take and share some pictures of beautiful Colorado.
Hey Admiral, I noticed that you are excellent at that - i.e. sharing pics on this forum. I have tried unsuccessfully to do that. I'd welcome any advice! Sorry you can't make it - if you're ever in southern Colorado, you have a place to stay, and lots of GREAT trails to enjoy!

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Hey Admiral, I noticed that you are excellent at that - i.e. sharing pics on this forum. I have tried unsuccessfully to do that. I'd welcome any advice! Sorry you can't make it - if you're ever in southern Colorado, you have a place to stay, and lots of GREAT trails to enjoy!

Took me a while to figure out how to post photo's when I first joined the forum. On the old forum host site you had to use Firefox as your web browser in order to post photo's. Lots of improvements since then.

Short answer to posting photo's. Sign up for a photo web host such as: Photobucket or Picasa, there are others. Most have a "Free" no cost version which will work just fine. I find photobucket pretty easy to use. No need to pay if you don't have too. Then uploaded your photo's from your computer to the photo web host. Then copy and paste photo's from the web host to the forum thread.

A while back I put together this thread to help. It is in much better detail.

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/1272-how-to-post-photos-and-videos/

Hope it helps. If you need further help, just shoot me a note, I'll be glad to help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checkin' this out Admiral! Opened an acct in photobucket and dropped a photo there. Looks like it worked! Thanks!

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Good deal. Looking at that photo, I can tell I'm gonna love Colorado . . . from afar!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Headed to the mountains!

Ready to setup camp.

Looks like I'm a bit early - still snow on the trails!

Narrow and gnarly! Scary for beginners!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Pastor-Teacher, it great to see your photos. Use care on unfamiliar single-track. Some routes can get very technical without much advanced notice, it can be as well, very difficult to turn around. For us beginners, sometimes it is better to stop the bike in an area that affords you some options (turn around) and walk a bit of the trail ahead as to not get locked into something well beyond your skill level. God's speed, and his wisdom as well. Gerry

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I ran into that yesterday. came up to a steep, loose rock single track hill. had to back bike down to the widest spot and had a hell of time getting it turned around. Had to drag front around and had a nice steep hill right behind me. Took my helmet and backpack off. Took me about 15 minutes....LOL. Gonna be careful on single track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts