1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meeting Location: Butterworth Road Sandbox
Woodland Township, NJ
Time: 10:00am-ish

This is just a light get-together to blow the cobwebs out of your mufflers. No particular route or hard-core ride. Bring your TW or whatever else you want to ride.

Click on the 3 links below. There is a small dirt connector road just after Butterworth Road intersects with Woodmansie Road. This is a popular place for 4 –Wheelers and folks with small trailers of bikes to meet and park. Guys with pick-ups and MC carriers should have no problem getting to and from "the pit".

Unload the bikes and start from this location to who-knows-where? We’re in Brendan T. Bryne State Park/NJ Pines Barrens so possibilities are limitless.

Come back after a few hours, have lunch (bring a sandwich & drink) and then just play around in the sandpit.

Pack up bikes, head to Shamong, NJ just next door & celebrate St. Paddy’s at Pic-A-Lilli Inn, Shamong, NJ which should be pretty crazy & fun.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.8959243,-74.5203452,16z <%22>

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.8874502,-74.5195083,1518a,35y,39.03t/data=!3m1!1e3 <%22>

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9001938,-74.5221532,550a,35y,90h,39.31t/data=!3m1!1e3 <%22>

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just reminded ya have to wear some "GREEN"!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
other than the 1990 sea foam green and grey, green never made it to a stock t-dub.

luck o' the irish to ya!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a frikken 20 hour day at work today (Saturday) so did a pre-set/pre-load for tomorrow:

No more Winter gas in this bike. Added a little Seaform to start the season off right. I'll do the same with the TW next week.
IMG_0902.jpg

This is the first time I've used the carrier with the XR. Even though it's a much more aggressive bike than the TW and 30lbs. lighter it seems bigger because it's a lot taller:
IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0909.JPG

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
JJ (Jersey Jeeper/Scotty) and I met around 11:00am. Cold in the morning but by the time we started riding the Sun was shining and the temps hit the mid 40's. We hit every type of obstacle you can in The Pines with the exception of rock and kept a pretty fast pace throughout the day. JJ on his 2017 Husky 701 Trail-Weapon and me on my ancient 28 year old XR250L. I only dropped the bike once and that was ironically, going "too slow" on a fire-cut that turned into a narrow culvert. Glad that bike only weighs 230lbs (40 less than the TW).

When we were done we packed up the bikes and headed over to the Pic-A-Lilli Inn in Shamong, NJ for their St. Patrick's Day celebration. Had a couple Guinness's each (so good) and a chicken basket before heading home. Perfect end-of-Winter ride on a Spring like day.

IMG_0928.JPG
Had this been Summertime, warmer and more daylight we would have un-hitched the carriers and trailers from the Jeeps and gone into the woods for some 4-wheeling.
JJ's Wrangler is fully trail equipped with all the gear to get my red Jeep out of trouble.

IMG_0932.JPG
Taking a break.

IMG_0931.JPG
Off-Road Bike of the Year... in 1991. The equivalent of flying a Sopwith Camel nowadays. It's a pisser.

(Google Sopwith Camel if you don't know what one is but hint: Snoopy used to fly one). :)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HaHa.
Man, the day after I felt like the day after getting into a fender-bender in a car. Hurt'in and aching all over but... in a good way and for all the right reasons.
WELCOME TO SPRING 2019!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
HaHa.
Man, the day after I felt like the day after getting into a fender-bender in a car. Hurt'in and aching all over but... in a good way and for all the right reasons.
WELCOME TO SPRING 2019!!!!!!!!
I only recovered this morning. My knees were like rubber. Nothing like good quality Enduro to get you in-shape.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would do a ride like this every day if I could. Well, maybe every other day.
Every 3rd day...

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I would do a ride like this every day if I could. Well, maybe every other day.
Every 3rd day...
Anytime, glad to ride with you every chance we get.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You just changed your avatar again (why?). And I noticed I don't even have one. That doesn't seem fair.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a video too.. not posting it though. There were a few curse words!
Almost ALL of my videos are like that. Must learn how to "bleep" with editing software.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts