TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a boat, lawnmower, string trimmer, chain saw, leaf blower, and now my beloved TW200.
I've always added Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer to my gasoline because I don't know how long it will be until it is used. I've never had a problem with my fuel, even after being stored long-term.
I've seen hundreds of opinions stating a preference for one or the other, but nothing to sway me to change... so far.
What say you?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sea foam is a better product ,it will clean out your carb and other things while you use it .I have too many bikes (29 at last count ) ,sometimes it's a few years between riding them depending on where they are parked in the garage ,I run sea foam and have no problems even if I leave the bike for 3 or 4 years .If your having a fuel issue ,often running a bit of sea foam will clear up the problem without doing anything else .

·
Registered
456 Posts
I also like the Seaform - for it's multipurpose attributes as Bruce has mentioned. I figure, why just use a fuel preservative, when you can have a fuel preservative, stabilizer, carb cleaner and upper cylinder cleaner too.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
SEAFOAM was developed for the harsh Marine environment! That ought to tell you all you need to know. I too have had good results with marine Stabil and Lucas products but a few years back I switched to SeaFoam and will never go back. If you can get Non Ethanol gas in your area I would highly recommend using it exclusively in your TW and all your small engines and so too would Yamaha and all the other manufacturers.

GaryL

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have used both. Another guy told me about sea foam for his small engines that didn't get run a lot. My tractor starts right off with it in the gas, I leave it in over the winter. Added some to fresh gas in the tdub and that sat all winter and it didn't even think about not starting.

·
Registered
308 Posts
+1 on Seafoam! It has resurrected several "gummy" carbs for me without having to open them up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts