TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, had my tdub into the shop for some service and picked it up last Saturday. While I was there... I checked out their road bikes. I'd like to get something that is good for longer distance and highway - but not a big monster. I sat on a Bolt and it felt really good. Belt drive, 942cc v twin power plant on a light bike with a comfortable, low seat. $7800. Hmmm. I'm liking it so far. I need to take one for a spin before I decide and maybe check out some other bikes... but I'm liking it.

Salesman said that they're easy to work on and very light (540 lbs.) for the power.

Feedback on these?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Smart looking bike. I have a friend that bought one and really likes it. I find it a bit cramped for my body.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link. Bonneville out performed the Bolt and Sportster. I have to say that the Bolt is a much better looking bike. The Bonneville is a classic ride - very retro looking. On the Bolt, they cited the pegs being too low and scraping when you take a sharp turn... I wonder if that's been fixed. As to the ergonomics, when I sat on it, it felt very comfortable to me... but then, I've been riding a tdub lol.

What's a basic Bonneville go for?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
click on the link below and then click on the specifications of whatever bike and then scroll to the bottom...they range from $7.7k to $9.2k msrp new...i bought a used 2010 bonneville se with 650 miles in showroom condition for $6.3k from a private owner off of Craigslist...extras included: full arrow exhaust, extra seat, grab bar, owners manual and extra key
Bonneville | Triumph Motorcycles

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks - price is right... how does the seat sit? One of the things I like about the Bolt is the seat. Both have lower seat heights... Bonneville's tank capacity is better... but do I have to develop a British accent to ride one? lol

The Bonneville does have a stock beotch seat too... hmmm

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
if you are asking about seat height, it's lower than the TW but the seat is wider and more comfortable so they probably equal out...mine doesn't have the stock seat on it so i really can't comment on that (but i do have the stock seat)...last weekend i just slapped my old bike's plate on it and rode it home in the rain, in high 40 degree weather, for 60 miles most of which was highway and it handled great (aside from my whole body shaking from being cold and wet) but that's all i have ridden on it...another big plus to the bonneville is they have been around for a while so there are a lot of aftermarket parts (similar to the TW)

here is my thread over on triumph rat asking about the bike...
Bonneville for a commuter? - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet bike! You're in winter mode up there right now... a little chilly to be riding but maybe it'll warm up enough before winter sets in for the duration...

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
thanks man!...yea the temperature is comfortable for quick rides but not long highway rides...good luck finding whatever bike you decide on...def test ride them!...can't want to see the new addition!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
That blue looks like my blue on my 09 trump America............The bolt is very nice if you like a V-twin... Most do I guess.. But for me I like my parallel twin.. Very smooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.. OMM.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks man!...yea it's comfortable for quick rides but not long highway rides...good luck finding whatever bike you decide on...def test ride them!...can't want to see the new addition!
I gotta find a Triumph dealer... and it'll be a while before I pop for a new bike - next Spring maybe. Thanks for opening my eyes to the Bonneville!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
no problem man...ride them before you buy...you never know which one you will like better...and personally i would try and find a used low mileage bike on craigslist before going new to save money (i probably won't buy a new bike ever again)...that msrp doesn't include all the BS fees that they tag on either...but i would go to dealers for test rides to figure out what i like first so i know what i am looking for on craigslist...i will say i feel like the triumph is going to be the 2nd bike that i will never sell (right behind the TW :))

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is a triumph dealer right here in Jackson, also Hattiesburg Cycles sells triumphs if you're down that way. Hattiesburg has a much bigger selection though.

Lance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts