TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was my birthday. My 13 year old son and I got to see the 3D version of the new Star Wars movie. Maybe I am getting old, but I was disappointed when I left the theater. I was about 8 years old when the first Star Wars film came out. I can clearly see me imitating the Storm troopers as i walked out of the theater. My 13 year old loved the movie..:confused:

·
Registered
827 Posts
The original was mind blowing. I was 21 years old, in the Air Force and thought I was born in the wrong age, not being able to fly X-wing fighters. My hope is that the new movie inspires a new generation to reach for the stars like it did for me.

I'm taking my grandkids next Wednesday to see it. They are so hyped up, that they already know the whole story line. When I asked them where they learned all this, they said from the commercials and leaks on the internet. They know the characters, story line, etc. Ha! I just wish Princess Leia was as cute now as she was back then. The years haven't been kind to her from what I've seen. Not like Sally Field, AKA Gidget. She's still attractive despite all the years.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I remember seeing the original with my Father when I was 15. He was always reading science fiction books from Heinlein and Asimov and I knew he would love the movie. He did, and when the crowds clear I will go see this one with him.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Just got back from it with the wife. Like some others, disappointing. For all the hype, nothing that happened put me on the edge of my seat.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I saw it last night too. I saw the original when was 9. I've been a huge Star Wars fan ever since.

I wasn't disappointed in it, but I do have some issues with it. Since we're staying spoiler-free I'll avoid details. It was worth seeing, IMO. The FX are fantastic.. the combination of practical effects plus CGI worked very well. The space battles were outstanding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts