TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
not for me thanks ,i don't heal up like i use to when i was young, lost a lot of nerve as well.chicken or old age wisdom?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I can't discount his technical ability on our bikes but I still think he is an idiot! Hold my beer and watch this comes to mind and usually goes bad fast.

It sure seems like he has his TW running real good and the front brake does not appear to be stock. There is another you tube video of nut jobs doing these stunts and crashing and he might be one of those super stars.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I figure the mighty Dub has TWO wheels for a reason.. So I use both !!!!!!!!!!!!! He does how ever make it look easy.. OMM.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've rode street bikes for the last 10+ years, though I never had the coordination or money to burn for stunting, plenty of my friends love to do it. After reading the comments here, I think it needs to be said that we are a niche crowd of riders ourselves as "Dubbers". Folks don't get us, some don't respect us. But it doesn't make any sense for us to follow their example. This guy is riding in a controlled environment, wearing his safety gear, and has obviously practiced a lot. I don't think he's an idiot or doing anything stupid. Looks like he's having a good time at his own expense.

Thanks for sharing the vid Borneo, I enjoyed it.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in agreement. Nothing wrong with some good old fashioned two wheel fun. I spent countless hours as a kid learning how to pull and ride impressive wheelies. It was fun. I'll even go further. I freely confess I still love to pop up the front end and ride it out. I can't imagine anyone is too impressed by a 53 year old man on a TW200 riding a wheelie, but it makes me smile ear to ear. Stoppies are a bit hard on a bike like the TW (or most bikes really) but I will do those occasionally when riding up to the young pups. Their faces are priceless. :D I think most of them think it was some sort of accident and the old boy just barely survived a horrible crash.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Just because I think doing wheelies and stoppies is idiotic does not in any way take away from his right to go ahead and have his fun. I love watching it just have no desire to do any stunts. People around me think I am an idiot at 62 and taking my bike where I like to go on it! They ask why I want to go up to the top of that trail or way in to the head waters of a good stream and my only answer is because I can! I think we all have a little idiot in us from time to time so it is not a bad thing to call it as you see it. I had a guy blow by me doing in excess of 150 MPH and thought he was an idiot. I also wish the bikes I had back in my younger days would have gone that fast so I too could be that idiot.

There used to be a big hill climb event not far from here. 95% of the bikes that tried to make it to the top didn't make it and tumbled back down in horrible crashes. Those same idiots were back the next Sunday with their bikes all repaired to try again. Oh Well, it was fun watching and I still see some of those same guys limping through the Walmart right down from that hill or riding a motorized cart. If you ask them what caused their injury they will be the first to say they were idiots in their youth! Been there and done that!

GaryL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts