TW200 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,789 Posts
jb882 nailed it. Since you have it back together I'm showing this photo for the others. This shows the starter clutch on the backside of the flywheel. Make sure it has the Compression Spring, Spring Cap, and the Dowel Pin (aka puck).

You may want ask the moderators to rename the title of this thread to something like: Starter Clutch Components - Mystery Part Discovered. That way folks searching for these components in the future could find it faster. Folks will not know what the "Mystery Part" is without opening the thread, which unless accidental is less likely in the future.

Thanks for all those that helped.

P.S. Because you were working on the base gasket, without you verifying you took the flywheel off, I thought it was possible the mystery part could have been the Hollow Dowel pins which help line up the cylinder and head. Like jb882, I was pretty sure this was a starter clutch dowel pin as it was solid, but unsure as normally a base gasket replacement wouldn't call for the flywheel be removed. Thanks for providing the picture and verifying it for us all.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P.S. Because you were working on the base gasket, without you verifying you took the flywheel off, I thought it was possible the mystery part could have been the Hollow Dowel pins which help line up the cylinder and head. Like jb882, I was pretty sure this was a starter clutch dowel pin as it was solid, but unsure as normally a base gasket replacement wouldn't call for the flywheel be removed. Thanks for providing the picture and verifying it for us all.
If I let the cam chain fall off the lower sprocket it is easier for me to put it back with the fly wheel off.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm glad Admiral posted what he just did because i was about to do the same. I had mine apart back in March and replaced a missing puck, spring and dowel pin on mine. Without it, your starter clutch won't work and you'll be kickstart-only (if you have one).

·
Registered
93 Posts
:read2:
Just goes to show how good two ums + two ums work to help all make good workie-workie..... longtime!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
jb882 nailed it. Since you have it back together I'm showing this photo for the others. This shows the starter clutch on the backside of the flywheel. Make sure it has the Compression Spring, Spring Cap, and the Dowel Pin (aka puck).

You may want ask the moderators to rename the title of this thread to something like: Starter Clutch Components - Mystery Part Discovered. That way folks searching for these components in the future could find it faster. Folks will not know what the "Mystery Part" is without opening the thread, which unless accidental is less likely in the future.

Thanks for all those that helped.

Damn Admiral, No hammer in the photo so I guess you will just shoot the thing with a .30 Cal. if it does not go right!:p

GaryL

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
13,789 Posts
Damn Admiral, No hammer in the photo so I guess you will just shoot the thing with a .30 Cal. if it does not go right!:p

GaryL
Ja, doesn't everyone have extra bullets laying around their spare engine parts? :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.