TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have seen my thread in the "Performance and Customization" sub-forum, you know I am in the process of building (attempting to build?) a 264cc motor for my TW. After my concerns about carburation, my next concern is about the power of the starter motor. Intellectually, knowing that they all come from the same family, I would think that starters from the XT225, TTR225, TTR230, and TW200 should all be interchangeable. Indeed, looking at the Yamaha parts diagrams, they all look the same. Having said that, Yamaha lists different part numbers for each, and there is a cost difference. What I would like to know is are these indeed interchangeable, and if so, which is the most powerful? This is also important as I think the starter on my XT225 is on the way out.... Many thanks in advance,

James

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The piston I intend to use in the 264 is nominally 11.5:1. For my use, i think this is too high and would prefere it to be in the 10:1 to 10.5:1 range. I can achieve this by either using a base gasket spacer or milling the dome of the piston (1st is my preferred option). Here in NB, the only gas avail w/o ethanol is 91 octane high test, so that is my normal fuel in my bikes and small engines. My XT is running a 71mm Wiseco 10.25:1 piston.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts