TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my DRZ400 here is the Typical start up - gas on, choke on, key on, no throttle, crank with E start. Should fire up immediately. Reduce choke when it starts to run ragged. Is this how most of you guys do it on the TW200. It is getting into the 40's now here and I didn't know if that is how I will need to start it or is that just in cold weather?

·
Registered
572 Posts
In southern cal where I live I've found it better with no choke, just turn on the gas and start, let it idle and your good to go.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Usually she won't get going until you put your tongue in the right spot.

The cold the weather the more I have to choke her. Too much or too little choke and she won't start. I want to move back to the desert.

·
Registered
590 Posts
For my DRZ400 here is the Typical start up - gas on, choke on, key on, no throttle, crank with E start. Should fire up immediately. Reduce choke when it starts to run ragged.

Yeah, that's it. It may take a couple cranks but usually fires quickly at full choke. Let it warm up for a few seconds, ride off, reducing the choke within the first mile to half and then completely off in another little bit.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I removed the plug over the idle air/fuel screw, opened the screw to about 3 turns open and mine starts in the summer without choke, in 30* weather it requires choke still, but still starts right up and stays running

1 - 5 of 5 Posts