TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Nicest thing about being in Illinois is leaving.

Registered
Gee LT, I went to the Washington listing expecting to find your name as the coolest thing., just a bunch of cool glaciers instead.:rolleyes:

Registered
Yeah, they could have at least identified and posted a link for Mt Reiner. Or Space Needle. Or Olympic Peninsula Or North Cascades.

Registered
No wonder I like caves, I must be part troglodyte
. images-2.jpeg

Banned
I enjoyed sleeping in my cave. Three times. Very, very quiet. Quiet enough I could hear my heart beating. Pretty cool, actually. Then I rented it out so I'm back living in the truck.

I've built three places since accepting this dedicated lane, a 12x24 superinsulated shack, a 32-foot diameter dome from old silo tops, and a passive annualized solar HVAC cave from corrugated pipe. Now I'm getting 5-10 emails a day from people wanting to consult on alternative home construction so I'm guessing another business developing. I'm going to have to quit driving if this takes off.

Registered
We got a "big freakin house"?

Tom
Clearly this was put together by some dork who has never been to NY or at least never north of NYC. I would have listed the Niagara Falls or any of the hundreds of great gorges and beautiful water falls scattered all around this state. Skinner's falls on the Delaware river between NY and PA is a gorgeous area and some of us locals know of well hidden scenic wonders like Frozen Balls Falls, Gumar Falls and Lundy's. Just a mile or so from my home is the Neversink Unique area and Katrina Falls. I guess if the author had to get out of his car and do a little hiking these places missed the list. Pretty lame as far as NY and Maine are concerned.

GaryL

Banned
Western and Upstate New York are beautiful places. no doubt about it. Angel and I planned to spend a lot of time there every fall. The leaves are beautiful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts