TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a project bike from a friend and I’m super stoked about it. I’m having a hard time getting the rectifier to sit flat in its position to the frame. It’s sort of leans up on the left side frame about 1/8th to a quarter inch off of its flat point. The seat isn’t mating up like it aught to. Has anyone seen this issue before is there a proper rectifier I should be using? Also is the rectifier supposed to spark when it makes contact with the frame?
AB4E2890-C810-42B1-AC0D-742021AE72B7.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure you have the correct one for your bike. The older ones are lower profile than the newer ones.
Thanks guys after reading this I did some looking around and I found one that looks like the left one. The one that came with the bike was the rectangle one that was on the right. So I ordered the correct one from eBay.
22DECB8C-F2F7-4E8F-AA46-E3A1B96CD291.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
5,985 Posts
Cool - it might well be that the seat base has warped slightly then - it'll likely find its way back in the heat of Summer. As to the question of "are they supposed to spark", short answer is yes, they need to ground to the frame to work

Well spotted Badger - I'll put that one in the "difference" thread later ........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts