TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the stator is dead on my new to me 1990 bike, I have barley got out on it GRR! I am wondering if there is any used parts out there for it

I am in Canada but 10 min away from the border North port. Any out there there? or is it better to go with a new one?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Oh you bet there's one out there somewhere so long as you are willing to keep your eyes peeled for awhile. I went with new because at such a high cost I wanted to be sure it was good and functional. Also a new one is likely to last you decades. A reasonable investment on an older machine. There are places that may be able to rewind your stator for a stiff fee. But they promise higher output. Rickystator.com is one example. They said they couldn't do mine but yours might be a different style. They also gave me references to a place that could do mine.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Hi Belter,

This is what's left of a 1992 donor engine that I picked for its kickstarter. The top end was missing when I got it so I have never seen the engine run. The bottom end appears to be relatively unmolested and the other parts that I harvested from it have all been functional. Unfortunately, as the picture shows, the previous owner cut all the electrical connections. If you want to take a chance on the stator being good and want to try to splice it into your current wiring harness, let me know.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts