TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Leave the magnets be! Do not remove them. The outer metal drum acts as a keeper for their magnetic field and if disturbed could mess them up.

Scrub them down with a non-magnetic brush & solvent and call it good. m.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, will try and clean them up good. Just wondering if the were rusted to the point of no return.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm pretty sure those parts are '87, not '90.

Reactions: socalnative

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The previous owner must have put the 87 electrics on a 90. Will have to find a way to mount the 98 rectifier on a 90 fram. Mounting spot is different

·
Registered
746 Posts
Interesting. Those parts are '87 though, because that's the only year they were like that. One ignition winding, one lighting/charge winding, four magnets. Just like the offroad-only BW200. They changed that for '88.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Leave the magnets be! Do not remove them. The outer metal drum acts as a keeper for their magnetic field and if disturbed could mess them up.

Scrub them down with a non-magnetic brush & solvent and call it good. m.

i removed them once and the bike seems gutless, starts, idles and runs fine..just no power on acceleration..could this be why? i did wonder if they were + and - and i'd got 1 the wrong way round. not sure how much power it had previously because i've dealt with so many and can't remember this particular bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts