TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it starts, idles well and runs well for quarter mile getting up to speed. go to slow down, pull the clutch to come to stop and it dies... and wont immediately restart. if i wait for like 1-2 minutes, it restarts. ive pulled the carb numerous times and cleaned. thought it might be the shotty '87 cdi, but i just dont think it is...why would it start, idle and run so well if it was? what the heck is going on?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Sounds like a fuel filter or partially stuck choke?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
so it starts, idles well and runs well for quarter mile getting up to speed. go to slow down, pull the clutch to come to stop and it dies... and wont immediately restart. if i wait for like 1-2 minutes, it restarts. ive pulled the carb numerous times and cleaned. thought it might be the shotty '87 cdi, but i just dont think it is...why would it start, idle and run so well if it was? what the heck is going on?
You already started a thread about this..why a new one?

You have tried and tried the carb cleaning, etc...

Lizrdbrth gave you the method for checking with the timing light, that is what you need to do next to help eliminate and or find the problem.

Carb or Electrical?

Get some Lucus Deep Fuel Cleaner and use a strong dose. I used it in one of my other bikes and "felt" it working within a couple miles, it only got better after that.

Get a timing light or make one and do the test, then we go from there.

Honestly, it does sound like the CDI, don't buy a used one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts