TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I have been in the hospital for 3 weeks for a leaky Hickman line, "Chemo", and trying to recover from a bad blood infection.

I'm slowly turning a big hard corner. I will have to go through some heavy anti-biotic infusions and then another round of heavy chemo and if all looks good we will attempt to harvest my stem cells. If that fails-rest and repeat one more time.

So that's it from here for now--"I'm a man - and I can change-If I have to--I guess...." Red/Green

Hope all is well with the rest of you.

Mike
[/font]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I hate down time in a hospital bed. Had too much of it last year myself, but you have my curiosity . What is a Hickman line?

Phelonius

Wait a minute. I googled it. It is a serious type of catheter, Ugh. And if that was where the infection got in, I would be inclined to think your medics screwed up.

Getting old sucks big time. Sometimes the alternative doesn't seem so bad so long as I have a chance to put things in proper order first.

Having been killed once gives me some insight.

On the other hand, will you be riding again when this is over?

Phelonius

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Getting old really does suck. I regret the things I haven't done much more than anything I have done, with the exception being getting married the 2nd time.

Peace by with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts