TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I think you are better off taking off the brand new plastic, turn signals, and gas tank and putting on beat up old ones. When I comes time to sell the bike put the new stuff back on and get top dollar for it.

OR buy a bike that is beat up for a couple of hundred dollars and enjoy it in ways you never could a brand new one. A new scratch or dent? So what?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Rockit, what year TW are you outfitting?

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I don't think the '87 had three wire front turn signals. I could be wrong about this as I didn't buy my '87 new. But I don't think mine have three wires. The third wire makes them "on all the time" turn signals. Someone correct me if I am wrong, please. I don't know when they changed style on the turn signals. Anyone???

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I don't think the '87 had three wire front turn signals. I could be wrong about this as I didn't buy my '87 new. But I don't think mine have three wires. The third wire makes them "on all the time" turn signals. Someone correct me if I am wrong, please. I don't know when they changed style on the turn signals. Anyone???
I bought and sold one 1987 so fast I don't honestly know if it had full time front signal lights. I do know for sure that every one from 1988 right up until 2010 do have 3 wire signals in the front and just 2 wires in the rear.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Here is a stock 1988 and the lights did turn on with the key and remain on as in 3 wires.

GaryL IMG_0449.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts