TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched and not found the answer thus a new thread and request for help.

I have a 2017 TW that my goal is to add LED bulbs to the brake light, turn signals, indicator lights and speedo. I installed the brake light and the speedo bulbs and both are much brighter.

I then ordered a LF1-S-PIN flasher based on other threads. Installed LED 1157s front, 1156s rear and indicators bulbs. Signals are much brighter and blink normal rate but the turn signal indicator does not work with the LED bulb. Neutral and high beams indicators work great with LED bulbs. When I put in the stock indicator bulb with this setup, the signals don't flash at all - stay on bright with no flash.

I then found this thread https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/technical-help/50065-more-led-turn-signal-problem-3.html that suggests a LF1-S-FLAT flasher potentially fixes this issue so I ordered one. Signals flash at normal rate but the LED turn signal indicator still does not work. Only difference is you can install the stock bulb and while the indicator light does not work, the bulbs still flash normal.

So I'm trying to determine why I can't get the LED turn signal indicator to work. Any assistance in troubleshooting this issue is most appreciated and I'm hopeful will benefit others as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well,
No answer yet huh? I'm watching this thread as I'm gonna do the same thing to our recently purchased '07 and don't want any popping up issues. I want to cover all bases when even start this project.
Scott

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
View attachment 195164

(right click, "open in new tab") .....
Succinct, Purple, very succinct!

1. I understood my 2017 to come from the factory with LED turn indicator light. Was yours incandescent?
2. Most likely the replacement LED has polarity reversed.

Suggest that TFM reinstall the original indicator light.

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
First time I've been described as "Succinct" - (although the description will come as to a delight to some of you)

However, LED bulbs will only work one way, so the first thought is to reverse the way the bulb is fitted (if that's even possible) ......

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,
No answer yet huh? I'm watching this thread as I'm gonna do the same thing to our recently purchased '07 and don't want any popping up issues. I want to cover all bases when even start this project.
Scott
Yeah, a little surprised by the lack of response on this one as I would have thought this mod would've been covered extensively. I do appreciate Purple and SportsDoc chiming in with some thoughts.

Succinct, Purple, very succinct!

1. I understood my 2017 to come from the factory with LED turn indicator light. Was yours incandescent?
2. Most likely the replacement LED has polarity reversed.

Suggest that TFM reinstall the original indicator light.
I have a 2017 that in fairness, I picked up used so no idea what the prior owner did (or didn't do). My '17 clearly didn't come with LED indicators - pic below is the stock bulbs with one of the replacement LED bulbs:

IMG_6717.JPG

I did find this post that I think may be the ticket and what I try when I install the JNS LED headlight: https://www.tw200forum.com/forums/99574/ShowPost.aspx

I'll update this post once I try the above fix. Thanks all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts