TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,575 Posts
Mixed reviews, has been rather volatile.
[h=1]TODAYS STOCKS: THE CLOUD PEAK ENERGY INC. (CLD) STOCK RATING REAFFIRM BY THE STEPHENS[/h]December 22, 2016 Marie Curie

Cloud Peak Energy Inc. (NYSE:CLD)‘s stock had its “neutral” rating restated by equities research analysts at Stephens in a report released on Wednesday.
CLD has been the topic of a number of other research reports. Zacks Investment Research lowered Cloud Peak Energy from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research note on Monday, August 1st. FBR & Co reiterated a “sell” rating and issued a $4.00 target price (up previously from $1.75) on shares of Cloud Peak Energy in a research note on Thursday, October 13th. Seaport Global Securities assumed coverage on Cloud Peak Energy in a research note on Wednesday. They issued a “neutral” rating and a $7.00 target price on the stock. Finally, Stifel Nicolaus increased their target price on Cloud Peak Energy from $5.50 to $8.50 and gave the stock a “buy” rating in a research note on Friday, October 28th. Three equities research analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, two have given a hold rating and two have issued a buy rating to the company. The stock currently has a consensus rating of “Hold” and an average price target of $8.71.
Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD) opened at 6.55 on Wednesday. Cloud Peak Energy has a 52 week low of $1.08 and a 52 week high of $6.81. The company has a 50-day moving average of $5.30 and a 200-day moving average of $3.34. The company’s market cap is $401.94 million.
Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD) last released its earnings results on Thursday, October 27th. The mining company reported $0.06 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.13) by $0.19. Cloud Peak Energy had a positive return on equity of 2.60% and a negative net margin of 19.07%. The business had revenue of $217.10 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $222.06 million. During the same quarter last year, the firm posted $0.24 earnings per share. The business’s revenue was down 28.0% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities analysts expect that Cloud Peak Energy will post ($0.16) EPS for the current year.
A number of institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of the stock. Brandes Investment Partners LP bought a new position in Cloud Peak Energy during the second quarter valued at about $145,000. JPMorgan Chase & Co. bought a new position in Cloud Peak Energy during the second quarter valued at about $199,000. Ameriprise Financial Inc. raised its position in Cloud Peak Energy by 3.7% in the second quarter. Ameriprise Financial Inc. now owns 295,424 shares of the mining company’s stock valued at $609,000 after buying an additional 10,413 shares during the period. Oxford Asset Management raised its position in Cloud Peak Energy by 15.0% in the second quarter. Oxford Asset Management now owns 1,060,830 shares of the mining company’s stock valued at $2,185,000 after buying an additional 138,461 shares during the period. Finally, Phoenix Investment Adviser LLC bought a new position in Cloud Peak Energy during the second quarter valued at about $416,000. Institutional investors own 76.45% of the company’s stock

And another article from today:

Analyst Research Summary: Cloud Peak Energy Inc. (NYSE:CLD ...

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I don't play the markets. With that said and with absolutely zero knowledge of this game, I think if I were to start playing I would put my money in defense related companies. Energy can be hit and miss but one thing we can be pretty sure about with Trump is that he will be building up our military preparedness and that will take lots of military equipment from guns, ammo, bombs, planes and just about anything else the military needs. Just be careful to not put any money in those companies that make $800 dollar hammers!

GaryL

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
:laughing5: My money is on Goldman Sachs. Up 35% now that they are ruling the roost.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*my fun portion* if I lose it all no big deal but coal could be hot soon. The banks and Apple have been doing well for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts