TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just curious, Ski Pro 3:

Why did you replace the rear brake drum actuator bracket, and what did you replace it with? Did you find fault with the stock part?

Paddy

·
Registered
20,508 Posts
Excellent quality OEM stuff that was taken off before getting any wear and tear.
Like the brake arm that is often replaced with a longer XT arm for greater leverage these are parts that have aftermarket, or re-sourced, replacements that we prefer over OEM parts.
SkiPro is a very good guy, think he is trying to help us all out more than trying to profit so make him reasonable offers.
I still have a debt of gratitude to him for some XT225 gas tank side panels he found and sent tome for free.
Can't go wrong dealing with a honorable man.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious, Ski Pro 3:

Why did you replace the rear brake drum actuator bracket, and what did you replace it with? Did you find fault with the stock part?

Paddy
I used a longer arm off a Yamaha CT175. The longer arm provides more torque, like a cheater bar, so I don't have to press as hard on the rear brake lever to affect braking power. The brake has to be pressed further, but not has much effort, to provide braking power.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much do you want for the fuel tank!
I'm cautious to offer a bargain to someone with 1 post. Not knowing who you are, maybe you will just flip it on eBay. So for that reason, I'd ask $300 from you. Price is commensurate to the amount of help the potential buyer has provided to others on this forum. Range of price is anywhere from Free (Including shipping) to $300 for someone with little to no input support to the forum.
I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings with my opinion.

·
Registered
20,508 Posts
...like I said, an honorable man. What a person puts in sometimes help determine what a person gets out of life.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ski Pro 3. I would be interested in the foot pegs tried to send a message not sure if it went through

·
Banned
4 Posts
no but you confirmed my thoughts of some of the individuals on this forum, I was looking for a tank for a TW i just purchased with a severly rusted tank, but never mind you seem to have your mind mad up just because I am new to this FORUM!

I used a longer arm off a Yamaha CT175. The longer arm provides more torque, like a cheater bar, so I don't have to press as hard on the rear brake lever to affect braking power. The brake has to be pressed further, but not has much effort, to provide braking power.

·
Banned
4 Posts
PS If you look on some of The Radio Control forum I have been a member of or the PC forums I have contributed solutions for many of my fellow flyers and Techs. It seems if you are new on THESE forums you are a scammer... NO I do not want anything from YOU!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Chill brother, he's just being cautious. We've had problems in the past on the forum. Maybe ask him one more time...

Reactions: raffles and Fred

·
Registered
20,508 Posts
Welcome to the forum mundo330. As little tommy suggests try reaching out to SkiPro again. No one has accused you of being unethical, vendor simply indicated price can range from free to the fair market price of $300. I would expect to pay $300 on the open market for a premium condition tank.
Remember from post #1 SkiPro simply stated "If you see something you like, make me an offer. Please be reasonable."
So try making him an offer as requested.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Yeah, ask him again (maybe after a slight apology) Ski's a good guy with a great reputation here. I think he'll come around...

And if by any chance he did get ripped off (which I do not believe you would do) I'll pay him. If you really need the tank, ask him again. (y)

Reactions: raffles

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1. no but you confirmed my thoughts of some of the individuals on this forum, I was looking for a tank for a TW i just purchased with a severly rusted tank,
2. but never mind you seem to have your mind mad up just because I am new to this FORUM!
3. PS If you look on some of The Radio Control forum I have been a member of or the PC forums I have contributed solutions for many of my fellow flyers and Techs.
4. It seems if you are new on THESE forums you are a scammer...
5. NO I do not want anything from YOU!
Let me address your post messages one at a time;
1. I confirmed your thoughts of some of the individuals on this forum? What would those thoughts be and who are those individuals?
2. I don't have my mind made up just because you are new to this forum. I said I didn't know you and offered a fair market price based on that. If you think my price is too high, make me an offer.
3. I too am into RC's. Not Flyers, but Crawlers. I have several 4x4 RC crawlers. Fun hobby during the cold winter months I can't ride. I have a lot more money into the RC hobby than my TW, that's for sure!
4. Someone who asks for a price of something offered for sale on their very first post, without so much as an introduction is indicative of someone looking to resell. Nothing about scamming, I offered a fair price and mentioned that there would be a floating discount for forum contributors is all.
5. You don't want anything from me. That's fine too. As I said in my offer, I hoped I wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings. Yours seems to be though, so I'm sorry if you were somehow offended.

Cheers!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Let me address your post messages one at a time;
1. I confirmed your thoughts of some of the individuals on this forum? What would those thoughts be and who are those individuals?
2. I don't have my mind made up just because you are new to this forum. I said I didn't know you and offered a fair market price based on that. If you think my price is too high, make me an offer.
3. I too am into RC's. Not Flyers, but Crawlers. I have several 4x4 RC crawlers. Fun hobby during the cold winter months I can't ride. I have a lot more money into the RC hobby than my TW, that's for sure!
4. Someone who asks for a price of something offered for sale on their very first post, without so much as an introduction is indicative of someone looking to resell. Nothing about scamming, I offered a fair price and mentioned that there would be a floating discount for forum contributors is all.
5. You don't want anything from me. That's fine too. As I said in my offer, I hoped I wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings. Yours seems to be though, so I'm sorry if you were somehow offended.

Cheers!
Ski pro I am needing a gas tank for a 2002 I am restoring but I like to trade do you need anything?

·
Registered
69 Posts

May need a front fender too dang dog chewed on it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just so happens I am a gun collector I had that addiction along time before the TW came along

Reactions: reddave
1 - 20 of 44 Posts