TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stumble across something unusual or interesting you want to share? Post it here, no rules or themes other than "Don't see that every day". Comments from the peanut gallery always welcome.
Here is my first submission and I don't even know what it is:
Prototype power plant for Twilights TW conversion?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
That is clearly a steam powered drive belt user upper. Geesh Fred you need to get out more!:p:hello:

Tom

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently there is a whole subculture of squirrel catapulting by folks with too much time and rodents on their hands. This was the gentlest of several videos I saw. Personally I just buy more bird seed.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I agree with mhomadness (I think?). Blackstart. A smaller engine is used to start a larger engine that can't start itself. Lot's of big stationary diesel engines use compressed air or grid power to spin them up fast enough to build up enough heat for combustion. Blackstart refers to a power generating facility that's gone "black" due to a significant failure.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Magnetic putty reminds me of the old Steve McQueen movie "The Blob".

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Put a stronger magnet in a plastic bag and get it close to the fouled magnet so that the iron debris adheres to the bagged stronger magnet. If you then separate the magnets the debris should adhere to the bagged stronger magnet. Turn the bag inside out and you should now have two clean magnets and 1 bag of iron debris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts