TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, okay, I don't think Honda is actually going to sell this model in North America, sadly...but it would be nice!

http://rickramsey.net/Montesa4Ridelg/LeftSide.jpg

I just thought I'd share this because I'll be super stoked if something like this is ever actually sold in the U.S. Do yourself a favor and mute the audio before watching the second video...

I sure wish I knew a little mas Espanol para este last video...although it's a pretty cool feeling even knowing about 33% of what's being said if I listen really carefully...haha.

I don't see why one couldn't store a fuel bladder or something, in that under-seat storage, potentially increasing range to a dual-sport-useable 100+ miles.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
So another new player.
X ride, T ride, free ride and now the 4 ride.
The other bikes were street legal in Europe, but were stripped of their street gear when brought into Canada and a RUM sticker stuck on them.
KTM did not even try to bring their four stroke version of the free ride here.

We can only hope Montesa will pay the fees to get them street legal over here.

·
Registered
457 Posts
So another new player.

Not really new. The Montessa 260 4RT has been around in various flavors for at least 15 years in the US. The current model, both in the US and Canada, comes with the seat shown in the video that has under seat storage. I doubt you could make it street legal in Canada, but there are some states where you can get one of these tagged for road use.

Trials bikes are a great amount of fun. The skills learned on a trials bike translate into being a much better rider on and off road on a dual sport or street bike. I've been competing in trials for a couple of years, and it's the most fun I've had on a bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts