TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
bananachunks can weigh in... he loves his shoes.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It depends on what you are doing. If you have any intentions of going on dirt i would get dirt tires. On a TW they last plenty long so you should have no worries, one of my TW's has 17k miles on the clock and i changed the stock tires out at 15k which is a very long time for a motorcycle tire, could have gone longer too but dry rot was setting in on the rear. Compare that to my Ducati that needs new rubber every 3-5k miles or 2-3 times every summer depending on how much i ride it....

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'd second (or is this third) dirt tires, but then I am somewhat biased. As you have stated the only reason not to run knobbies on the pavement is tire life. They do perform quite adequately on pavement. However if/when you go off road with street tires they suck at 3600 psi.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
<3 my Shinko 428s. They're right at about 9000mi and just now starting to show wear. I'm probably 98/2 as far as street/dirt goes, and they've impressed the heck out of me off-road. This last weekend at Metcalf park is the first time I've ever lost traction in the rear, but two other stock TWs lost traction in the same spot, so I'm not counting it as official.

·
Registered
254 Posts
For me the only reason I have a TW is to explore off road. The fact that I can use it for commuting is a bonus.

So one more vote for dirt tires.

Besides tires for these things are cheap and last a good while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts