TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FUN ! Driving on the windy twisty up / down roads on the Island ..

BUT I want better tires !

GOOD STREET TIRES !

STREET TIRES !

Help !

em

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
203 and 204 Bridgestones are a good street tire for the TW. They last about twice as long as the stock tire too.

Phelonius

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Well, the TW203 will outlast the TW32 by a factor of 3:1 to 4:1. Mine has 20,000+ miles and is not worn out. The TW43 will outlast the TW204 by about 50%. I got about 10,000 miles out of mine, and I get about 15,000 miles out of a TW34.

Cheng Shin, Michelin, Dunlop, and Shinko also make street tires, but not all are available in all markets. All have good reviews.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Phelonius, what tire pressure do you run in the front and back on those Bridgestones? I just bought my first TW and it came with a set that I'm going to run for commuting around town. Do you vary from the manufactures suggested pressure at all?

Thanks!

MrClean

·
Registered
19 Posts
How does everyone find the Shinkos? I just got a set and am getting ready to install them. I do mostly street driving (85%)

Thanks

Huss

·
Registered
572 Posts
On my V-Strom I found a TKC knobbie in front and a street duel sport tire (Tourance) on the rear worked great on and off road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts