TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a new tw but will be using it to get to work on what would be a good street tire to use and also what about regearing more to road use

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Have the dealer install a 15 tooth front sprocket for starters and just wear the stock tires out if your just commuting to work.

My second recommendation would be to get a Yamaha XMax Scooter for several hundred dollars more and have a 80mph, 80mpg fast scoot with traction control, ABS and keyless ignition. Lots of waterproof storage under the seat too!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Lots of used TWs come up for sale with Bridgestone TW203 and 204. They are my street tire of choice. I agree with SHAG, street sprockets will improve street/road riding experience and they are a relatively cheap upgrade. TDubs are excellent commuter bikes unless you need to get on the freeway for long periods (but there are folks who report doing it successfully). Cheers

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Lots of used TWs come up for sale with Bridgestone TW203 and 204. They are my street tire of choice. I agree with SHAG, street sprockets will improve street/road riding experience and they are a relatively cheap upgrade. TDubs are excellent commuter bikes unless you need to get on the freeway for long periods (but there are folks who report doing it successfully). Cheers
Those are very good street tires however I am trying out the Shinko version this time. I still haven't mounted the front Shinko. So far I can't tell much difference between them.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I have the Shinko 428 on my 96. Seems to me to be a harder compound. I only notice it when it’s colder, but it somehow still handles to put those 12 horsepower down no problem lol. I have been really pleased with the Dunlops on the street, for a knobby/dirt track style tire. Also much less vibration than the stockers.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have worn out a set of 203/204s and will be going back to them when I wear out the knobbies I replaced them with even though I do ride off road alot. 14/45 or 15/47 gearing work great with the 203/204s as there is a noticeable difference in rolling resistance. Quiet and super smooth. You will love them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts