TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2016 TW200
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the stock handlebars for a better set. Would like to stay close to stock size, I do not need taller bars because I'm very short but I can't find info on the exact size of the stock bars.
I am new to dirtbikes/DS so I do not know which bend to get in the bars - I was looking at the Renthal 7/8 in silver and the options available (currently between 2 sites) are the CR High bend, KX bend, Windham bend, Trials 5.5 and 6.0 bend, RC/OE Honda/Kawi bend.

Open to any suggestions on specific bars you have used that are close to what I'm looking for!

Registered
There is a u-tube guy who goes by the tdubkid. He is short as well, 5ft 6 I think he said. Check out his videos.He went with the pro taper windham rm bend and rox risers.
Im not that tall either, went with the same bars and used pro taper risers that add just 3/4 inch.They are close to the stock bend. The 1 1/8th bars are a great improvement over stock and I like not having the cross bar.
Pro taper has a chart on their site that shows how they measure bends,rise etc. And the differances between their bars.

Registered
2016 TW200
Discussion Starter #3
I love his videos! I'll go look for it now.

Registered
I replaced the factory handlebars with Protaper Sport. Mid/High Unadilla model 02-1142. They are very close to the factory height with a little less sweep and are 7/8鈥.Two additional benefits are the aluminum tube is thicker than the factory steel which makes them stronger and they are only $39.

Attachments

Registered
I went with the tusk 1 1/8 yz bend and i used renthal bar adapter that i had. Rocky mountain has a bar kit with adapter. I like the yz bend as it is not as swept back as the stock bars, personal preference only. I went with tusk on price and am very pleased with the quality. Don't forget you will need to file off the alignment pins off your control clamps but then you can position your levers how you like them.

Registered
I went with fly racing polished aluminum kx bend bars. They are super thick and sturdy. They worked well with my tusk handguards too. They are very close to the stock bar size and bend. They are part number 18-94211.

Registered
I went with Tusk 7/8" KX high bend. If I had to do it again, I'd probably go with the tusk Chub kit RMATV sells which includes the adapters. I used the Chubs on my CRF250L with CR High bends and I really like them. Hand guards fit better on bars without the cross brace IMHO.

Registered
I went with the Fasst Flex handlebars... they feel indestructible... but they are great for minimizing some of the TW vibration, and don't add much height to anything.

Expensive though...

Registered
2016 TW200
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased Pro Taper Countour Windham bend. Seems close to stock per comments from others, and is a 1 1/8 bar that tapers to 7/8. For grips I got BikeMaster heated universal ones, they have an open end for handguards and so the handguards I got are the Tusk DFlex Pros. Very excited to see it all come together and I hope they do all work together.

Registered
Sounds like a great setup. Your gonna be happy with the protaper bars. Not having the cross bar is nice. The hand guards should fit with no problems, so I am told.
I am planning on the tusk hand guards as well. Maybe the great pumpkin will bring some or santa under the tree to me.

Registered
2016 TW200
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot about mounts... It didn't occur to me that the handlebar mounts are integrated and can't be removed. My options are to get ROX Risers or these ProTaper Universal Mounts. I am already short, and also don't really want to have to get longer cables, so I am leaning towards these but can't find much info on them from other TDub owners ProTaper Universal Solid Handlebar Mount Kit

Registered
I forgot about mounts... It didn't occur to me that the handlebar mounts are integrated and can't be removed. My options are to get ROX Risers or these ProTaper Universal Mounts. I am already short, and also don't really want to have to get longer cables, so I am leaning towards these but can't find much info on them from other TDub owners ProTaper Universal Solid Handlebar Mount Kit
I have the pro Taper mount and it seems fine.

Registered
I went with the pro taper for the same reason. I didnt want to have to change any of the controls.
I think risers are available that you can adjust forward and back somewhat. Height adjustable I aint sure about.

Registered
Dont forget about new grips as well. Unless you can get the old ones off easy. My oem grips seemed to be on with good Japanese glue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts