TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping that somebody had an idea on how to free the brass sleeve that is stuck. I have the carb upside down and have applied carb cleaner, and PB blaster penetrating oil. I was thinking of attaching a pair of needle nose vise grips to the edge and giving it a sharp downward blow. Is it advisable to apply some heat to the carb body before doing so? Any ideas and imput are appreciated. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I used a needle nose vice grip to remove one. It was scarred, but still usable. I still replaced it.

On another, I used a screw extractor. It completely destroyed the seat.

Be careful if you use a heat gun. Anything made of plastic or rubber nearby can be easily melted.... done that too. ;0

jb

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had to thread a tap in to it and leave it in there, then I hooked a pair of vise grips onto the tap. I pulled and twisted the carb while my dad pulled on the vise grips. Thought I was going to break something but it finally pulled loose.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it out by grabbing the edge with the needle nose vice grips and twisting it back and forth until it finally broke loose. It was stuck in there very tightly. I did not care if I marred the brass (as long as I could get it out ) because I was replacing the assembly as I could not stop the leaking through no matter how I adjusted the tang. Thanks for the suggestions. Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts