TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you looking for a carrier for the rear rack on your T Dub may I suggest you take a gander at the world of bicycle accessories. They have some pretty interesting folding, metal mesh baskets and other type of mounts for rear racks many of which appear to be very sturdy. I suggest starting on Ebay under sporting goods, cycling, accessories, rear carriers.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I've been reading about protective gear and some recommend things from a lot of different sports. From bikes to paint ball. I've read about panniers for bikes made out of plastic kitty litter containers. Makes sense that something would work, from bicycle to cycle.

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Borneo, I hope you bringing one of those to Moab with beer enough for all of us.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Well, I don't actually have one of those. My compadre, the Hootenstein, claims he is bringing some deluxe beers. I will be content if Eddie has some Jalapeno on tap. Don't always have it, sometimes have it but you have to ask. But I love it like no other. They put a little ring of pepper in it. It's awesome. And all you have to do is stagger across the street for fish tacos.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have those panniers on my Shiny Ass Single Speed mountain bike. (that's what she is called, honest)
thats got to be quite the work out with the bags and one gear. I love how those bikes were always **ss. I loved the bass they had about 8 years back. brown and gold.

If you buy those bags consider supporting your local bike shop.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Or, I could borrow them and use them as flotation devices. Might save my dumb ass from drowning... Maybe. :)
LOL I wish I had a video of you all up in the bushes and wheels deep in the water. That was some deep A$$ water.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Bike panniers - Cannondale bags from my Raleigh touring bike from the 70's.

They are still going strong, but I wanted the extra capacity of the Wolfman bags, and Tinman Tim's racks are considerably more robust than my homemade jobbies.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought a nice, collapsible plastic milk crate from Duluth Trading (one of my favorite catalogs). But even when collapsed it's about 4.5". Add to that the 3"+ of the rack itself and it really makes my leg swinging, mounting issue even more challenging if not impossible. Sooo I will see if one of these thinner wire mesh racks from the bicycle world will work. I ain't hauling anything really heavy like some of youz guyzes. Just toting the occasional common three; bread, milk and tampons. Or two six packs.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Good tip. Just bought one of those folding baskets from Ebay real cheap, for attaching to the rack I'm going to buy soon. Gonna try to figure out a way to attach it quickly, for on/off. For those quick trips to the grocery store. Thanks again for posting that idea.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts