TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On CL Albany (NOT mine) but I hear this belonged to Shania Twain and the seat still smells like fresh strawberries :)
Somebody please buy this before I have to drive from Seattle to New York to get it myself lol
https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/5545185522.html

yes thats a custom Seat Concepts Gripper / Carbon with custom Blue Baseball Stitching to match the TW

·
Super Moderator
17,922 Posts
ha ha ha funny Fred... ;)

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
that other bike looks like it might need more iron.... seems kinda scrawny and anemic.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
that other bike looks like it might need more iron.... seems kinda scrawny and anemic.
Yup! That XT225 is a bit lighter, a lot quicker and has that elusive 6th gear we are always trying to find in our TWs. It is a near impossible decision to decide which one to keep because the XT is way better on the pavement because of the skinny tires, 6th gear and much improved suspension and capable on the trails while the TW is just so sexy with those fat bottoms and her sure footed off road attitude.

Actually these were both owned by a local guy here who hit it big as a recording artist, One Hit Wonder, IMO named Gavin DeGraw. He bought them for him and his GF from the local dealer and only rode them a couple weekends before he rode off to Nashville leaving them behind in grandma's garage. They are actually a matched pair and a perfect combo for a his and hers set except I can't get my wife to toss a leg over the XT. I do get my GF to ride with me on the TW however.

IMG_0467.JPG

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
WOW, didn't know that but am going out to sniff the seat!:cool:
Don't do it Gary! Shania was still married to Mutt Lang or whatever his name was when those bikes were purchased. I believe Gavin was in an on again off again relationship with Hillary Clinton when he purchased those bikes!!!

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts
Don't do it Gary! Shania was still married to Mutt Lang or whatever his name was when those bikes were purchased. I believe Gavin was in an on again off again relationship with Hillary Clinton when he purchased those bikes!!!
Evil ........ :D

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Miss Twain is up here in Ontario with me.Nice try.
Please don't tell my wife she thinks I was joking about her being my girlfriend.
Dose your wife think you really go to hunt'in Camp? :p

I don't really feel to bad to say I think Shania Twain is good looking because Mrs. Admiral is always telling me that she thinks Tom Selleck is hot!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have met her sister a few times and our hunt camp is not far from where she lives.I made a joke about going to see Shania one weekend and when I got home my daughter was real mad at me and wouldn't talk to me.Turns out she was in town that weekend and it was in the news so my little girl thought I was stepping out on mom.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have met her sister a few times and our hunt camp is not far from where she lives.I made a joke about going to see Shania one weekend and when I got home my daughter was real mad at me and wouldn't talk to me.Turns out she was in town that weekend and it was in the news so my little girl thought I was stepping out on mom.
Hahaha

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Well, the XT225 went to a new home yesterday and to the first person that actually came to look at it. I have had tons of offers for both bikes with most being the stupid variety on par with typical CL garbage. One was "$2,000 cash for the TW tonight"! LOL. I don't usually respond to the BS low ballers and I won't accept any offers from people who are not interested enough to come see the bike before making an offer.

Now that I have some free space in the garage the TW might just have to stick around a bit longer and does not eat much at all.

GaryL

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
How come the racks are flat on the rear,?

I thought they only sell them with the humped rear bar now?
For a couple of years now you can get them your way, just like burger king. I'll take 1 humped and 1 flat rack to go, please!:p

Wifes is no hump cyclerack and mine from 2005 has the hump.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
You can order them flat but be careful not to over tighten the bolts or it might turn your TW PINK :)
CORRECTION: be careful not to over tighten the nuts or it might turn your TW PINK.

sounds painful either way, but the bolts shouldn't spin. ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
I was going to see if you wanted to sell that seat concepts seat (swap for my stock one plus cash) but Forestburgh is a 5 hour round trip for me.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I was going to see if you wanted to sell that seat concepts seat (swap for my stock one plus cash) but Forestburgh is a 5 hour round trip for me.
NOPE! Once I add an option to a bike that is where it stays. Placerload can hook you up with a seat concept seat easy and cheap enough. It is a very nice option for sure.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts