TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I'm a newb with some of this stuff...sorry
. So, I just bought the Pro Taper bars as it seems they would be easiest to install...Well, not for me...LOL. Two questions...1. The numbers on the ends of the bars seem to indicate where you would maybe cut the bars to match the stock length of the exsisting bars? Is that right? Otherwise, it doesn't seem that the cables will be long enough without getting new ones. Seconds, I'm assuming that I have to cut off the stock grips and get new ones?

Thanks for the patience guys. I went up one tooth on the front sprocket and it has made a huge difference on the street!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, I'm a newb with some of this stuff...sorry
. So, I just bought the Pro Taper bars as it seems they would be easiest to install...Well, not for me...LOL. Two questions...1. The numbers on the ends of the bars seem to indicate where you would maybe cut the bars to match the stock length of the exsisting bars? Is that right? Otherwise, it doesn't seem that the cables will be long enough without getting new ones. Seconds, I'm assuming that I have to cut off the stock grips and get new ones?

Thanks for the patience guys. I went up one tooth on the front sprocket and it has made a huge difference on the street!!!
Welcome,I have a 94 model with the protaper bars,and I left them at stock length.I had to reroute some cables is all.And yes you will need new grips.P.S. cut or don't cut, it's a personal choice.Myself I like the extra added length.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome,I have a 94 model with the protaper bars,and I left them at stock length.I had to reroute some cables is all.And yes you will need new grips.P.S. cut or don't cut, it's a personal choice.Myself I like the extra added length.

So you're saying that, although the new bars are about an inch longer, that the stock cables should be fine?

·
Registered
43 Posts

You can get nicer grips really cheap but if you want to keep yours blow under them with air from a compressor and they slip off way easier.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have the ProTaper bars on both my TW's and with a little rerouting of the cables they work just fine.I like the added width.

Stick the tube under the grips and spray some WD-40 in there and they will slip right off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok..DONE! The WD-40 worked like a charm. I had to drill a couple of small holes into the new bars since the throttle and one other part had a small 'plug' to fit or be placed at a certain angle...no problem. Re-routing the cables took a bit of thinking, but all done. The new bars look and feel great. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Brian, can you tell me how to post a picture? In other forums that I go to, you simply hit the 'insert image' link and find it on your computer. Seems this site is different?

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Try this:

-Open your picture in Photobucket.

-On the right hand side, you will see a box labeled "Links to share this photo".

-Click on the "Direct" link. It should indicate "Copied".

-Go to your TW200 Forum posting. In the tool bar, to the right of the smiley face is a square icon titled "Insert image". Click on this.

-Now delete the "http://" in the "Image URL" box, and paste your Photobucket link into the "Image URL" box.

-Now click on the "Insert Image" button.

-Preview your post to make sure that it works.

Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts