TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It ain't bragging if they done it. Pleased with your kid's accomplishments? Let's celebrate the young'uns' successes. Post 'em up, parents!

November '14 issue of Classic Trucks, my kid painted (and did some other chores) the black 1955 Chevy pickup on the cover.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
There is nothing that will build a relationship between parents and confidence in a child than that of a proud parent. I am Proud of you Qwerty for the posting, and the boys accomplishment.
Mel

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
It ain't bragging if they done it. Pleased with your kid's accomplishments? Let's celebrate the young'uns' successes. Post 'em up, parents!

November '14 issue of Classic Trucks, my kid painted (and did some other chores) the black 1955 Chevy pickup on the cover.
Very cool, how old is he? And, did you teach him how to paint? ;)

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Congrats! Nothing like bringing the classics back to life. Especially when you get your Rig featured in Classic Truck Magazine The Holy Grail !

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Very nice QWERTY. 1408944263_c_t_2014_11_downmagaz.jpg

·
Registered
656 Posts
WOW! & and my dogs add in a double BOWWOW!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Proud goes before a fall, one of the deadly sins. I am pleased that my son has risen to the top of his profession. Not bad for a kid with multiple learning disabilities and from a broken home.

Like any other successful person, it's been a long road--20+ years of experience and training. I start them young. We kept projects going while he was growing up so his foundational knowledge and experience comes from home. He is also a graduate of WyoTech. He has continued to expand his knowledge base by additional training and a plethora of practical experiences and experimentation in our toy box, some experiments successful and some not, but all educational. To this day when he pulls some obscure, forgotten technique out of his back pocket and brings some antique tool from home to solve a current problem, his coworkers ask if he learned that at WyoTech or is that one he learned from his daddy. I can't take credit for all he does, but I can take credit for raising a moral and honorable man who is a lifetime learner, who accepts and overcomes challenges, and who has earned the respect of his community. That is the crux of good parenting.

He is late 20s. I'm looking forward to his next big project.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am very pleased that you raised such fine young men. Everyone with a child who is in the military or a vet can acknowledge their service in this thread. Eagle and Gold Award Scouts, too. Sacks in a middle school football game, bringing up low marks on a progress report, whatever--this thread is intended to celebrate successful kids. Post 'em up. Nieces, nephews, and grandchildren count, too. I'm weary of the bad news the media piles upon us, let's share some good news.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
two years ago my youngest boy "9 at the time" asked if we would take him to the mall so he could use one of his gift cards he got for Christmas a week before. When we arrived he walked to the toy section at Target and picked up a pricey Nerf gun that he already had. I asked him if he had already broken his and he said nope works great? Well I said I didn't think he needed two of them and that is when he said it wasn't for him. He knew a kid at school that came from a family that was going through some hard times and his little friend really wanted the Nerf gun my son was now asking to buy for him. He proceeded to tell me he was willing to give his friend his but he no longer had the box and he wouldn't be able to wrap it properly. I was so PROUD of him. Not so much for sacrificing his gift card but for caring enough about someone else to listen to their problems and then actively try to help them. Those moments are priceless as a parent. I should also add that even though I offered to buy the Nerf gun so he could save his gift card he would not hear of it.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts
God's going to bless that boy.

Excellent example setting parents installed that in him I suspect. Good Job!

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
God's going to bless that boy.

Excellent example setting parents installed that in him I suspect. Good Job!
Thank you for that! Now want to hear a few different stories about the same little boy that would make a trucker blush?:eek:

Tom

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'd be proud of my chillins no matter what...................
My oldest volunteered with an ambulance company and stayed with them for years even though she moved several districts away (with them still).
My other two have worked with the mentally disabled until a couple years ago, when my youngest decided to bless me with two grandsons...........

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Despite having a hard core Old Man, my Kids have turned out pretty good...I salute those of you that have raised sons/daughters that have joined/served in the Military....as a Vietnam Veteran myself and a son, grandson, great grandson, of those that served in WWII, WWI, and the Civil War, I salute you all.

My sons choose a different route, mainly because I told them to....I saw what I considered the Feminization of the Military....:

The accelerating feminization of the military

But that aside, there is only honor to serve...and again I salute you and your children.

On the other hand, of my 3 grown children, My 35 year old daughter has been handicapped since birth,( see mental retardation} and still is the light we have in our lives....she lives with us on weekends and in her own environment with help/support the rest of the time....

As far as the Boys....

Oldest son{32} lives in the Chicago Bergs{near to O'Hare} is a graduate of The Ohio State University with a degree in Actuarial Science, and is the National Inventory Guy for the largest flooring company in the US....he is also a successful High School Football official and HS and College Baseball Umpire....single and enjoying that.....

Youngest son{30} has his Masters and BA in Secondary Education from Wright State University in Dayton, his wife has her Law Degree from University of Dayton Law School....they both work with Autistic Children....she is a VP for a large National Autism Conglomerate, while he owns and operates his own Autism Support Company, with about 15 employees....and most of all they have presented us with 2 Grandsons, now 2 years 10 months and 4 weeks old....

So I have no complaints....they survived their childhood, despite probably hating me at times for the non physical discipline {think yelling, ranting, and grounding} I gave them through High School and beyond...we all have a common bond and views about politics and social life{admittedly neither, especially the youngest are as far Right Thinking as their old man...but more so than most}.....I have no complaints....except perhaps the oldest, the OSU Grad, is a Cubs and Packers fan...??? WFT;)

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Screw the Cubs, but I have to tolerate Packers fans because a recently retired Packer was one I coached in kiddie leagues in the olden days. He's not a kid anymore, but he is still to be honored for the respect with which he treats his mother. This kid and his mother came from less than nothing, and if it hadn't been for her believing in his NFL dream and sacrificing to provide for him all it takes to make it through high school and college ball at the top of his game, he probably wouldn't be the success he is today. He learned his work ethic from her example, and neither ever gave up or gave in.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Screw the Cubs, but I have to tolerate Packers fans because a recently retired Packer was one I coached in kiddie leagues in the olden days. He's not a kid anymore, but he is still to be honored for the respect with which he treats his mother. This kid and his mother came from less than nothing, and if it hadn't been for her believing in his NFL dream and sacrificing to provide for him all it takes to make it through high school and college ball at the top of his game, he probably wouldn't be the success he is today. He learned his work ethic from her example, and neither ever gave up or gave in.
Wife, being from SE Wisconsin, her family and our oldest son are all hard core Packer Fans....growing up a Browns fan, I hated the Packers in the 60s....finally turned to the Bengals when they joined the NFL{glad I did} I can now tolerate the Pack and Cheese Heads.....but still cannot figure out why anybody, not from the North Side of Chicago would root for the Cubs....talk about misery...:smiley:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts