TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a cover made for being on the bike while "trailering". Something to keep the rain out while it's on my mototote hitch rack that won't blow away while driving! 馃槄

Anyone have any suggestions that fit the TW well?

Edit: It lives on the back of my van 24/7, hence why I'm looking for a "trailerable" one (means it has a means of strapping itself down snug to the bike) It's not on an actual trailer. That means rain, that means lots of condensation overnight. WD-40 isn't enough to keep it from flash rusting the chain and other components if it's being used on a regular basis.

Premium Member
I know a guy down near the stadium in Tacoma, WA that will do just about anything for $50...

You want him to be a human shield to keep the elements off your bike?

Just say the word and I'll let him know to head your way. Just make sure you've got $50 in cola nuts wrapped in brown paper, a tarp, two spatulas, a pair of hip waders, and a recent issue of the JC Penny catalog and I can promise your motorcycle will be in good hands.

Registered
I've never towed a bike, but these are popular covers for towed bikes that people ride in the rain. GEZA GEAR | Stretch Fit Custom Motorcycle Covers
I've had one for many years that I have used when traveling or locally when I want to cover the bike from sun, weather or prying eyes! Easy, fast on/off and stuff in a bag about the size of a 1/2 gallon of milk.

Premium Member
I use such a cover for my e-bike on a hitch rack. Would that work?
To keep it from flapping it comes with several stap buckles to snug it down. In addition, I use a short bed truck bungee web over the whole bike and cover.

Super Moderator
View attachment 233419
This is how I haul mine. No flapping problems. Might work on a trailer.
Solves the problem. Since I started carrying a TW on the front hitch carrier I was thinking of getting a cover as well but with the one, I had before the straps wouldn't hold up to the frontal windstream. I may rethink getting one (getting one) and maybe use straps or rope to hold it down similar to how you have yours. Something to ponder for the future anyway. (y)

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll clarify and add this to my initial post:

It lives on the back of my van 24/7, hence why I'm looking for a "trailerable" one (means it has a means of strapping itself down snug to the bike.) That means rain, that means lots of condensation overnight. WD-40 isn't enough to keep it from flash rusting the chain and other components if it's being used on a regular basis.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've used this one for years on my hitch rack.
Amazon.com: Dowco Guardian 50002-07 WeatherAll Plus Indoor/Outdoor Waterproof Motorcycle Cover: Grey, Medium : Everything Else

I put a towel over the tank and use several bungee cords in various places to minimize flapping. The road crud during extended rain does get up to axle height, but better than all over and inside everything.
My hitch rack has tons of points to hook bungees and straps, so that should work well. I was thinking of getting one of those small full width flaps for the rear bumper like they have on RV's to keep all the road debris from accumulating all over the rack and bike. It's amazing how far that all gets kicked up!

Motorcycles are vehicles that move at speed outdoors in the elements. A cover has no upside in comparison to ride in inclement weather. It is a TW. What are you protecting? Another reason to put on a Clarke tank.
Not sure what you're trying to say here... So if you were storing your TW outside 24/7, rain, sleet, and snow, you'd never cover it? I abuse my bikes and leave them dirty most of the time but I don't abuse them unnecessarily like that.

I'm on my third Clarke tank for this TW.

Registered
Look and consider the aquaquest tarps - you could wrap and bunge your scooter with it-
When you arrive at your riding destination this tarp system would also double as a shelter for you and the bike-just-say-N- I鈥檝e owned these tarps and they are the best I鈥檝e found?
The king camo aquaquest comes in 3 different sizes-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts