TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Look out!
Days are about to start getting shorter signaling the the inevitable return of Winter.
Why not thumb your nose at Old Man Winter with a life affirming ride on the longest day next week, or at least a ride late into the day this weekend ?
Adam and I plan to get out after work and come home by dark via some fancy LED illumination.
Maybe we'll catch a sunset, chase some squirrels, scatter some chickens, or end up on a local peak.
Actually our grouse and sage hens are very active and we may see a few on the trails.
Hope you all can have some fun.

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
LIKE..

WINTER! What....

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So invite someone to go along and enjoy the evening. ride.jpg

As far as "Scattering Chickens" goes I don't recall where I once herd that expression. It stuck with me as a nice phrase that evokes the simple fun of a lazy motoring down a country lane on a summer's evening.
Don't take it too seriously though. Just share your ride next week. chicken.jpg

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rocky, you know your bikes better than me.
Just thought it was a nice family friendly photo. Motorcycling isn't always about adrenaline but often a good way to sample and interact with the world around us... the people, sights, aromas on a pleasant ride can really make us feel alive....night blooming jasmine, orange groves, lillacs and other floral notes can delight if we're not locked in a car with the windows rolled up. I took a slow neighborhood cruise last night at dusk and enjoyed a nice symphony of aromas.

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
^^like^^

hills lol

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Casting shadows with the last rays of the longest day 2016 while on my way to a local hilltop...OK, sorry JJ, a local mountain peak complete with fire lookout tower, etc. somewhat higher than Florida's peaks. As good an excuse to get out and go for a ride as any IMHO. solstice.jpg

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Rode until 10 pm on nice 30 mile dirt road loop out Dog Valley, Crystal Peak areas. Road closures at 25 mile mark after dark threatened a 20 mile detour but we pushed through a mile or so of washouts in order to get Adam back home on time as promised to his fiancé. .
Absolutely gorgeous evening. Began in mid-80s but lengthening day and gaining elevation cooled things off quickly. Really nice to get out and ride for hours and then come home under lights.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
I got 100 miles in last night (in record time)..
It was on the 701 though as I had to start after work:

Quick Video, nothing special:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Great sunset here in Rhode Island for the last day of Spring. Unfortunately, I wasn't riding.... just standing on my deck.

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Longest Day also means an early dawn so Admiral's pic is a legitimate winner.

Here is a quick video from last night's ride. We played on some simple trails till it got late and we were far from home, So we hustled a little once things dark. The contrast between Adam's incandescent headlight and my LEDs is interesting.
Longest Day! 720p resolution.
Incandescant in KLX has good beam cut-off important on public roads while the LED offers seemingly better trail illumination. I ended up leading most of the time so as to light the way. Very pleasant outing but I have no idea why the road was seemingly deliberately torn up. We drove around closure barriers unsure of what lay ahead.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Gosh, big difference in the headlights. Your departure at the end reminds me I need to buy a turn signal relay since mine had somehow fallen off and partially melted on the exhaust. Still works oddly enough even with a hole. Nice evening ride Fred.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts