TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy solstice to one and all. I hope you all can find a way to celebrate the tilt and wobble of the earth on the longest day of the year. The traditional way is a bonfire. Get some friends together and invite some strangers and do something like this...

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
Good suggestion!
I try to ride the longest day every year well into darkness. Last night I ended up atop a single track peak wrenching on a broken bike well into darkness. While still an adventure it wasn't quite as much fun as I had planned.:p

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
We have done this a couple of times. The very first place in the continental USA to see the first summer sunrise is on top of Cadillac Mountain on Mt Desert Island in Maine. The first time was around 1993-94 and it was an absolutely stunning sunrise to watch. We went again a few years later and the weather was horrible and visibility was clear out to around the front bumper of my SUV. The town of Eastport, Maine is the farthest most Eastern place in the US but from the top of Cadillac Mountain you can see the first sunrise sooner. It is only about 1530 feet above sea level but the highest most eastern point you can drive to to watch the sunrise but it is completely a hit and miss deal where weather is concerned. Clouds and ocean mists typically block the view of the sunrise but if you hit it on a clear day it is beautiful to see.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
So what are you doing tonight to enjoy the longest day?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
So what are you doing tonight to enjoy the longest day?
TGIF and the wife just got home from work so out for dinner and then back home to finish watching season one of Yellowstone on DVD. Exciting life here but it has been raining at least 5 full days every week since late April and not much else we can do until the ground dries out some.

GaryL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts