TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For street bike riding, my wife and I often wear jeans. Sometimes she wears Leggins. I'm trying to find her some very thin summer over pants. Just something Very light and breathable. Goal would be to throw them over shorts and be able to take them off when you get where you're going. Don't need crazy armor just something that's more than jeans.

I've been looking and I'm not sure they exist

·
Registered
1999 TW-200
255 Posts
The older I get, the more inclined I am to wear armor since I do not bounce like I used too. Consider a mesh armored pant/chaps and jacket.

Years ago, I bought a pair of Kevlar jeans. They were like wrapping black plastic garbage bags around my legs.....hot, schhhhweatty and claustrophobic....never again.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I wear a pair of Thor overpants. They're made of the same kind of "ballistic" nylon that most moto jackets are. They have a sort of vinyl backing to help with water and wind but are pretty comfy with shorts underneath, and they have huge zip up vents for airflow. I used to have another set of Thor pants that had zip off legs; they didn't have the weather backing but they looked very much like a pair of baggy jeans even though they were still nylon.

I avoid the Motocross racer stuff (I'm looking at you Fox) because it's too light, even if it's armoured. It's meant for a dirt track and not pavement. I've hit pavement at lower speed in mine and other than some abrasion in the nylon they're still solid. They also double as ski pants when I decide to buy a day pass for the local hill... I'm glad I wear them when I go because I tend to fall down a lot at speed... ⛷

Luckily there's a lot of "adventure rider" stuff out now that's more geared to pavement resistance. Like Snow Fox said, check out Revzilla or the Parts Unlimited catalog site.

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. The first thing I purchased to try was a pair of Olympia Airglide 6 pants for my wife. They were way heaver than we expected. I’ll check out the Thor. Never heard of the duluth fire hose pants but I’ll take a look

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
852 Posts
For street bike riding, my wife and I often wear jeans. Sometimes she wears Leggins. I'm trying to find her some very thin summer over pants. Just something Very light and breathable. Goal would be to throw them over shorts and be able to take them off when you get where you're going. Don't need crazy armor just something that's more than jeans.

I've been looking and I'm not sure they exist
I have a pair of these - like 'em & they won't break the bank:

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
They should have pants made of the same material as the mesh riding jackets. The air flows straight through them. I have heard of some wearing shorts under them. I don't know any information on them though.
Amazon.com: WICKED STOCK Mens Motorcycle Mesh Pants Full Leg Zipper Gray : Automotive

These look afordable. Some women have problems and need curvey protection. They may not be able to use any of the mens pants. The mesh pants are available.

As far as protection goes, jeans aren't that great anyway. Dickies pants are tougher than jeans. I have been going through a pair of jeans a month at work but the Dickies, I haven't worn a pair out yet but some are getting close.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have a pair of these - like 'em & they won't break the bank:

Ha!
I have the jacket (or at least one of their jackets) by HWK. I love it. It fits great, has all the armor in it that this wazoo "CE" rated, has plenty of adjustments all over the place, Velcro everywhere and more. I'd worn it for a short while to determine if it was all it led up to be. Well, it was that and more so, I ordered some pants from HWK and love those. They too fit great, have all the armor, zippers, Velcro and plenty of adjustment. And you're absolutely correct, I didn't "Break the bank" on this attire. I'd order this brand again in a heartbeat!
Scott

Amazon.com: Adventure/Touring Motorcycle Jacket For Men Textile Motorbike CE Armored Waterproof Jackets ADV 4-Season (Light Grey, L) : Automotive

·
Registered
2008 TW200
26 Posts
Here is the female version of what I have been wearing all summer. Come with a removalble liner that I use for temps 65-75. Without the liner, they are very breathable.

I have the matching jacket. Ony thing I'm not crazy about is they are a rather shiny black.

·
Registered
22 BMW G310GS, 2018 Van Van,
934 Posts
Several brands of mesh pants. Much more comfortable than jeans and if you took a nap you’d be so stoked that you had protection. I have a pair of “Revit” brand that even have zippers all the way down leg to ease install. Take advantage of the amazing gear selection we have today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts