TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a sunglasses kinduva guy. I don't wear them.

One of the quirks of riding two wheels is a lack of a Sun visor. The worst part of Interstate 10 through Texas is that it takes weeks to go from border to border and for 4 hours every day there is nothing but the Sun to see.

I can only hold my hand up there for so long.

I bought a helmet that has this flip down tinted visor thing....

Really doesn't do much for the glare. So I used a Dremel to cut it off at about 1-1/2 inches then painted it black. Perfect Sun visor. Easily adjustable for any angle of the Sun. I usually have it about 1/2" down.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
855 Posts
"One of the quirks of riding two wheels is a lack of a Sun visor. The worst part of Interstate 10 through Texas is that it takes weeks to go from border to border and for 4 hours every day there is nothing but the Sun to see. "

You're on I-10 in Texas on a TW????????????????
Scott

Reactions: jamesroyster13

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
I-10? Just need to be properly fortified.
Hairstyle Art Font Eyewear Packaging and labeling

Reactions: Ken

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
I am not a sunglasses kinduva guy. I don't wear them.

One of the quirks of riding two wheels is a lack of a Sun visor. The worst part of Interstate 10 through Texas is that it takes weeks to go from border to border and for 4 hours every day there is nothing but the Sun to see.

I can only hold my hand up there for so long.

I bought a helmet that has this flip down tinted visor thing....

Really doesn't do much for the glare. So I used a Dremel to cut it off at about 1-1/2 inches then painted it black. Perfect Sun visor. Easily adjustable for any angle of the Sun. I usually have it about 1/2" down.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Solid fix (regardless of the road you ride haha). In the past, I've used a strip or two of black electrical tape on a visor similar to what you're accomplishing with your black paint but on the flip-down main clear visor part of your helmet.
Harder (not impossible I suppose) to accomplish the same thing on goggles as that's what I use now for my type of riding but you have given me a thought on those late day riding into the sun conditions.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I recently bought a set of 100% Armega goggles with the silver mirror lenses. They work very well for bright sunny days with lots of glare. Was suprised how well they also are for normal days with clouds and low light. I also bring a clear lens that can be changed quickly, if needed for early morning, late evening, dark days, or night riding. The silver mirror lenses work for 95% of what we normally ride. Just another opt
Watch Rectangle Eyewear Clock Gadget
ion to consider.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
That Arai XD-4 is the best helmet I've had in 42 years !
The only problem I've had is that my ears fold down as I put the helmet on. During weeks long motorcycle trips, they actually get raw taking the thing on and off so many times. I solved the problem with a head sock.
Cap Gesture Cool Sports gear Eyewear

Reactions: SpeedyTide
1 - 8 of 8 Posts