TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your just trying to entice all to come back to Moab.
I am hoping to meet and see how everyone has their tw's set up.
Since joining the forum I would like to take the little dual sport on some long trails.
Maybe over towards the southwest corner of Utah or down to Arizona. So yeah! I would love everyone to come back.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great pics! what gps are you using? Is the bike powering it? thanks
It is the first time I tried using the nuvi on the bike. But I didn't even use it because I need to wear sunglasses and I couldn't even see the screen. It works fine in the jeep though. And no it isn't wired in just battery powered. I would like to get a gps that I can see the display in the daylight with sunglasses, does anyone know of any that are bright enough?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi bad luck. I use a Garmin colorado 300 on a handlebar adaptor, it's powered by a usb power output also handlebar mounted. The power is supplied through my lighting circuit, here in Spain lighting cannot be switched off while the motor is running, so no running battery down. I find the Garmin on its highest brilliance is easily viewable without my reading glasses. I use Google earth to find tracks and transfer them to the GPS as gpx files.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi bad luck. I use a Garmin colorado 300 on a handlebar adaptor, it's powered by a usb power output also handlebar mounted. The power is supplied through my lighting circuit, here in Spain lighting cannot be switched off while the motor is running, so no running battery down. I find the Garmin on its highest brilliance is easily viewable without my reading glasses. I use Google earth to find tracks and transfer them to the GPS as gpx files.
Hey Jeff,
I will have to check on the Garmin Colorado. My wife lived in Barcelona for a few years and really loved it. I know it's a long way from Cordoba though. But I looked some photos of your area, it looks fantastic, I bet there are some great places to ride there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here in Spain there are no trespass laws, if a track isn't gated or chained we are entitled to ride it and there are hundreds of kilometres available. I have just ordered a go-pro to mount on my bike, I find when riding and exploring I always forget to take photos so hopefully the mounted camera will help out. Planning on more camping trips during the winter, summer is too hot.

·
Registered
19,445 Posts
Videos taken on anything less than very smooth roads with a handlebar mounted Go-Pro will exhibit unpleasant image instability unless one invests in rather expensive camera motion dampening mounts and/or post production image stabilization software. Even then the software introduces ropey distortions to the resulting imagry. Still pictures come out great though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts