TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Sunday February, 23rd Cow Mtn Ride

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  joeband 
#1 ·
Evan and I are riding Cow Mountain Recreation area on Sunday morning. Meeting at the South Cow Mtn staging area and spending a few hours exploring the park. Not an all day epic, but it will help plan the next all day epic:D
Anyone else interested at meeting up at the staging area at 8:30am on Sunday [h=1]South Cow Mountain OHV Recreation Area[/h][h=2][/h]Mendo-Lake Rd
Ukiah, CA 95482

Josh

#2 ·
We'll call this the 23th attempt at riding cow mountain ride...LOL

#4 ·
thumbs up to the ride guys! i look forward to reaping the benefits on the epic ride, later this spring.

#6 ·
Well I just got back from Cow Mtn about an hour ago. "Evan" and I found a number of great trails to include on the next all day ride. We started off going down some slightly more difficult trails (high pucker factor), I would have thought Evan was trying to make me go over the bars but I suggested the first trail. Somewhere along that trail, I lost our one trail map. We found approximately three very fun doable loops that would be suitable for the normal cast of characters. At the East end of the park, we switched to riding in a semi-dry river bed. We went though lots of water crossings before we go to what looked like the end of the trail. I marked the spot on the GPS so I'll research it and see if we could continue on.

On to planning our first Spring loop.
Josh

#7 ·
Fun place to ride. Reminds me of a small stonyford. Josh was right behind me as we drove in to park on skinny paved road and then dirt. That dirt section would be a wild ride if muddy. Josh said his van traction control light came on a few times so I'm sure he was getting a little wheel spin. We unloaded our bikes and I noticed Josh wasn't unloading his TW (Gasp!). We'll at least it was a Yamaha.....

Here we park the bikes and take a break.

Here we found this pristine swimming hole. We'll all stop for a swim on the way from riding all day.

Here is a few shots of the creek we were riding near. We'll be taking the gang for some fun gravel/sand riding.

After we got back to vehicles we noticed a nice metal box near main sign that said "maps" which had about 20 shiny new trail maps....

Reactions: admiral
#8 ·
whoops, posted first pic twice.... here is the other creek pic.

Reactions: admiral
#11 ·
Josh, forgot to mention I saw you lock up the rear tire when we were going down that long gravel/pavement/gravel road toward the big creek. You recovered nicely......

#13 ·
50 extra cc.... if only.
thanks for the interesting reflections on the ttr vs the tw.

i'm ready for the cow mountain round up to finally occur.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.