TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
This looks a lot like what we rode last weekend only with trees. :p Had I not had a chance to ride last weekend (and recover this week) I would have been chomping at the bit if you'd a posted this a couple weeks ago.

I've posted last weekends Season Opener 1st Inning on the Yube but I ain't ready to post a RR yet. 2nd Inning is on deck. Since I designated myself the President of Jackass Gulch, I decided to take tomorrow off so I should have a little time to start my Season Opener Rider Report.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Do you ever catch any deer that you are chasing on their trails?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice turn at 1:08! And then it keeps getting better after that.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
These videos were shot on some overgrown back forty trails that I hadn't ridden on in months so they seem indistinct to the viewer. Originally deer, then foot trails, I modified them in places to fit the TW. Some places the front and rear tires take different routes around protruding rocks. All good practice and great place to run my dogs.

More of the same, another re-run of the dog's run

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
720P video as always.

Just a teaser to make you all want to turn off the computer and go for a ride.

I could live in your woods. I’m envious...one day I’m coming out there.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have a buddy bike all gassed up for you!

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
How about some fun after dark?

Do you think you need some "side trail light"? Sometimes the headlight ain't exactly helping around a curve/turn as much as one would like.

Me XT200 won't do to well in the dark on this trail. Might have a fighting chance in daylight. The XT has an electrical system which I'll say is even a level below the 1987 TW. Got the whole dim & bright headlight based on engine RPM and it's pretty dim when going slow. I do have 2 pretty bright battery LED Headlamps which would be way better than the main XT headlight. On top of that, the XT has a 3 cell 6 volt battery/6volt system. This makes finding lamps a little more difficult. Local auto parts stores don't have any 6 volt lamps, at least none that would fit the XT.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Just need it to warm up!! I thought about riding the tw yesterday but just too cold! Instead I got the bicycle out around 3 pm and still had to wear a sweatshirt. Hopefully we'll get into spring warm weather soon. Thanks for the videos Fred.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Admiral,
1) Barttery powered LED headlamp(s) on your helmet could give great point-n-see illumination.
2) 6 volts could drive almost any of the LED auxilliary or replacement round or square headlights as long as your bike's charging circuit and battery can supply the wattage. 30watts of LED gives alot of light.
3) If you still want filament based illumination but in 12v why not step up voltage via a transformer? If you ignore the minor transformer losses you get the same wattage but at half the amperage. transformer.jpg

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just need it to warm up!! I thought about riding the tw yesterday but just too cold! Instead I got the bicycle out around 3 pm and still had to wear a sweatshirt. Hopefully we'll get into spring warm weather soon. Thanks for the videos Fred.
Evan, I sure miss riding with you.
I do believe the secret to getting out of the cold is to ride our TWs under shelter, indoors, or underground at least.:)

We can breath some nice healthy radon. I actually tried to hold breath as long as possible.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LT, you know I shared a wild youth as yourself so should not be surprised. In a abandoned Texas flourite mine I once rolled my KDX a about a mile and a half down a corkscrew decline untill I was a good thousand feet below ground with only a flashlight on my helmet before firing it up and roaring back to the surface in a cloud of two-smoke. I have also been known to kayak underground.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I admire you a lot Fred. You're a heck of a rider and I always enjoy seeing where you've gone. Now if I wasn't so so so far over the hill... :rolleyes: I would have enjoyed going on a few rides with you.
LT, you know I shared a wild youth as yourself so should not be surprised. In a abandoned Texas flourite mine I once rolled my KDX a about a mile and a half down a corkscrew decline untill I was a good thousand feet below ground with only a flashlight on my helmet before firing it up and roaring back to the surface in a cloud of two-smoke. I have also been known to kayak underground.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LT, we NorCal NotJobs do a few mellow silly get together rides every year. You would have fit in well here. We visited, laughed , ate and drank more than we rode but no one complained .
If you can ever get down here somehow remember I have two ponies in the stable.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Thanks Fred, I appreciate that.
LT, we NorCal NotJobs do a few mellow silly get together rides every year. You would have fit in well here. We visited, laughed , ate and drank more than we rode but no one complained .
If you can ever get down here somehow remember I have two ponies in the stable.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today is not Sunday but I couldn't help myself.:p
Like this video since I got to see a Harley off-road.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts