TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoulda got a rebel or something. Anyway to soften up the ride for street use, which is mainly what i do. Couldnt pass up the deal 2013 with 400 miles for 3300.00

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is what it is cheap old school on off road bike no frills an comfort was not a issue when it was built and designed. Besides they are really built for small Asian folk not us Americans

·
Registered
928 Posts
Grab a new Seat Concepts replacement cushion from our own PacerLoader. Best money you'll spend to make that seat comfortable!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I shoulda got a rebel or something. Anyway to soften up the ride for street use, which is mainly what i do. Couldnt pass up the deal 2013 with 400 miles for 3300.00
You've got something amiss. I got back into riding with a Virago 250...a mite too small for me...but the TW fit, and was more comfortable; and had better springing action.

Did the previous owner set it up with a heavier-duty suspension? Are your tires overinflated? Remember, it's an "enduro" and as such, it's lighter and will not ride as smooth as most road bikes. But you should have springing action - and you really should be more comfortable than with a Rebel or other 5/8 scale street cruiser.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lowered presure to 16 front and rear. A little better. Speed bumps be damned. Just stand up. Gravel road s kinda scare me. 25 mph max. Slipping and sliding. Do i have anything to worry about or am i just a newbie?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
... Gravel roads kinda scare me. 25 mph max. Slipping and sliding. Do i have anything to worry about or am i just a newbie?
Yes, if you have the stock Death Wing you should be very careful on gravel. Switching to a Shinko 241 4.00/18 will make a world of difference on gravel. In the meantime going down to 12 psi in the front and 14 psi on the rear in the dirt will help. I went through exactly the issues you relate before I changed front tires. Now, with a lot more experience and a 241 up front 35-40 on gravel is comfortable. Pressures with the new tires are still best at 12/14.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts