TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, been following this site for a while now, it helped me decide that the tdub was the bike for me ( thanks). Happy to say im now a 91, needs a little tlc but all in all a good bike. the wuestion ive got for you all has do with suspension. me being 6' 215 im debating on upgrading front forks (seals are shot anyways) wondering if the fork solution kit on pro cycle is worth it, was thinking the .70 kgmm set up. Other ? Rear suspension, best solution to stay away from bottoming out... thst should do it for now, thanks all

·
Registered
667 Posts
Also the drive chain is shot, best replacment?
Best to replace with an O-ring chain, and do sprockets while you are at it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Best to replace with an O-ring chain, and do sprockets while you are at it.
Agree, never replace just a sprocket or chain, replace all three together at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any suggestions on sprocket teeth count for a bike thats going to be mostly offroad, except maybe to get there sometimes, or just stick with stock

·
Registered
261 Posts
I put a 54 tooth rear sprocket and kept the front one stock. I do mainly off-road, and I found this combo to help tremendously with my climbing ability. I still get 60-65mph out of her on the level straightaways.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Yes, on the front are the emulators worth the extra150, or just go with stiffer springS. For rear, stiffer spring or...
I can't say about the emulators, since I have no experience with them. I am a big guy, so I went with the heaviest springs procycle made front and rear. Once you get the right amount of oil in the front, it's a sweet ride. I am well pleased with them.

* Lizrdbrth once noted that the bike is set up from the factory for a 135 lb. rider and then it should be tuned for the rider. Unfortunately not many people do this, so they have bikes with pogo stick front ends and the rear can be bottomed out too easy. Changing the springs made all the difference for me. It actually feels like a real motorcycle now.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
55 tooth rear sprocket. Try it stock for a while and see how you like it.
He resides in Connecticut. I can't imagine the stock 50 tooth would leave him without enough low end. Now if he was with the clan in Moab.............

Tom

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I reside in utah and plan on exploring lots of its vast terrain
My bad. Sorry. I crossed up your post with Oilhead's. I will beat myself senseless in the back yard for bringing much shame on my families honor.

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont think thats necessary man, just throwing out there the riding envionment im going to be in..

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My bad. Sorry. I crossed up your post with Oilhead's. I will beat myself senseless in the back yard for bringing much shame on my families honor.

Tom
Don't beat yourself up. You can wear my hat:

:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts