TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Suzuki DR 650 6,110 miles, extra seat and kickstand for lowering, extra plastic gas tank, box of assorted parts, very new-ish Heidenau tires, new battery. Runs fine. I would rather ride a TW. Not on CL yet as I am waiting for the new battery to arrive.
$3,250 If anyone is interested PM me.

PC030024.JPG PC030025.JPG
PC030026.JPG

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Also, is that a Suzuki Gel Seat?
I think it is.

Tony.......(joke)....I could be interested, except that front tire is mounted backwards :p
I noticed that this morning too but there are little arrows on the tire telling the mounter which way to mount it. Go figure.

Edit: If you expand the picture you can see the red arrow pointing to the arrow on the tire.
PC040025.JPG

Registered
Avon Gripster tires are the same way. My thought is that the rear is going to spin under power, so the directional lugs face to grip for that condition. The front is designed to grip under braking, so the lugs are reversed. My experience is that the Avon Gripsters are the best tire I've ever used in wet conditions. I can ride on those things has hard in rain as I can in dry weather. They grip!

So, my opinion is that the engineers know what direction works best.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
TWilight -- Just to make sure all is clear -- no offense taken. I agree they look backwards. The main reason I took the picture is I was sitting around doing nothing worthwhile, the camera was out in the garage -- one thing led to another -- and there you have it, a picture of the front tire!

EWB: PM received and answered.

Reddog: I will keep you in mind but honestly I hope it is sold before 7-29.

Ski Pro 3: I chose Heidenau because I read somewhere about an outfit in Alaska that rents DR650's was getting excellent results both in term of dual sport riding and longevity. I have put about 1,000 miles on them and I swear they look brand new.

Banned
Tire is mounted correct for braking to stop that heavy beast. all it needs is a Sargent seat, TM40 pumper carb, Desert tank, stiffer front springs and you are ready to role.

Registered
TWilight -- Just to make sure all is clear -- no offense taken. I agree they look backwards. The main reason I took the picture is I was sitting around doing nothing worthwhile, the camera was out in the garage -- one thing led to another -- and there you have it, a picture of the front tire!

EWB: PM received and answered.

Reddog: I will keep you in mind but honestly I hope it is sold before 7-29.

Ski Pro 3: I chose Heidenau because I read somewhere about an outfit in Alaska that rents DR650's was getting excellent results both in term of dual sport riding and longevity. I have put about 1,000 miles on them and I swear they look brand new.
Got your pm Tony. Let me know when its in and you are free

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts