TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted what looked to be a very pretty and perfectly restored motorcycle in the shopping center parking lot at Wickenburg, Arizona today.

The owner was packing up his backpack with groceries so I ambled over to investigate.

Howdy. What year is that? Him: Brand New!

Disc front, CDI, EFI, Estart. What a pretty little retro bike. Zero vibration he says at 60 or 65 but feels it's straining a little at 65.

I usually don't go for the old stuff but I really liked the looks of this little rascal.

BTW: 18" on both ends.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I sure like that old school look. It reminds me of my first street machine. A 1978 Honda Twinstar. 185 cc of pure muscle!;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Inexpensive too. I almost bought one last year then I paused, had a rare rational moment, and simply couldn't figure out what I would use it for. I do like them though.
Same story. I thought "man, that'd be a really cool bike to...." and just couldn't think of what I'd do with it. I've already got a fun bike to putt around on in the TW, and it even takes me off-road when I want to. I do still like them though. Maybe one day...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Couldn't stand it, sure like the lines of the tank. Went and checked specs, over three gal, now where to find one and put on my tw.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My wife and I both have one. They are our "street" bikes for riding around town. Doesn't do anything her TW couldn't, but who am I to argue when she's excited about us both having second bikes??? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
My wife and I both have one. They are our "street" bikes for riding around town. Doesn't do anything her TW couldn't, but who am I to argue when she's excited about us both having second bikes??? :)
Robbo, what do you think of the seat? I am planning to "make" a solo seat and TU250X seat could be a good start.

Matthew

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
What's a rational moment?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts

Lucky you !.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Robbo, what do you think of the seat? I am planning to "make" a solo seat and TU250X seat could be a good start.

Matthew
I like the seat but have to say that with the caveat that since the TUs are our "in-town commuter/run to coffee" bikes I've never been in the saddle for a super long day or anything....

My WR250R seat bugs me way worse but of course it's much narrower...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Really wanted a TU, but no go for us Cali folk.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was wanting one, then I heard about a similar bike from Yamaha but with a 400cc engine. I hope to see one of those sometime.

·
Registered
229 Posts
SEAT???? the hell with the seat ! Where do you get a wife like that???

Matthew

1 - 20 of 28 Posts