TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW bike THREE: 2017's all-new 250cc V-Strom concept launched by Suzuki in China

It isn't available in the U.S. But it might be in the future. Look oddly familiar? I say Suzuki has seen the brilliant success of the RX3, and is looking to get in on that burgeoning segment of the market. Same horsepower as the RX3 (but from a P-twin engine - and 25 horsepower does seem slightly weak for a twin cylinder 250, but that's fine, maybe it's reliable...).

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
Suzuki Wee's and Vee's have an outstanding reputation already. Can't see why this one would be any different. I'd like to try one. :D Nice find and thanks for sharing Kj.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I can't see the market for it. Maybe a 400. But then there is the Honda cbx500 that has a ralley raid kit.
It didn't even have spoke wheels!
A WR250r set up for adventure is a far better choice. The ground clearance on my Wee sucks and limits where I take it. This 250 doesn't look any better.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
392 ibs for a 250!? That's as much as a Klr650. Should have made it a 350.
That is quite similar to the RX3 (which has been proven quite popular). I agree that it's a lot. I also do think it ought to have [wire] wheels. Then again, even with cast wheels, it wouldn't exactly be a dual sport. To me, this sort of bike is basically a commuter or a budget-oriented road-biased adventurer. Wire wheels, IMO, at least allow bikes like these to do light off road if it is a requirement of a certain route. It could end up with wire wheels, at least as an option, in some markets. For my personal tastes, there would indeed be quite a few better options for any given riding scenario/ philosophy of use. Still, I like diversity and options -- a competitive market.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Suzuki Unveils New V-Strom 250 Adventure Bike Concept - ADV Pulse

I was pretty excited for a second when I read the title, but pretty let down when I read the specs. Plus, can they still call it a "V"-strom if it has a parallel twin mill? Meh, at least they didn't put a single in there.

I'm sure they'll sell a few of them, they might sell a few more if they put a 19" front on it (you know, like an adventure bike?) and offered a spoked XT version.

Any bike that helps establish a class of small-displacement poly-cylindered ADV/DS bikes is a nice development to see. Hopefully the other Japanese makers are reading the comments sections and will come up with their own offerings that address some of the shortcomings of this wee-wee-strom.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd love to see more 250-450 offerings in this end of the market. Like said above, even if this isn't perfect hopefully it's a sign of more to come. I like the Honda CBX500, but don't like that you need to unfit it to get decent travel, in stock form I think it's less then the tw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts