TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Suzuki Van Van 125

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  kj7687 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have an older 125cc and two 90 cc ones as well ,I haven't had them out in years .Not highway bikes but very capable off road and great around town and they wheelie very easy .Mine are two strokers . Vehicle Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Auto part Car
. Poor picture I can drag it out into the daylight with its brothers some day .

#9 ·
I have an older 125cc and two 90 cc ones as well ,I haven't had them out in years .Not highway bikes but very capable off road and great around town and they wheelie very easy .Mine are two strokers . View attachment 8958 . Poor picture I can drag it out into the daylight with its brothers some day .
Bruce, yours has the TC style engine with the dual range transmission. Neat!

#6 ·
The tires are Bridgestone ,like a quad but not huge knobs ,they are hard to find now and expensive if you do find them .I do intend to re-look at the tires since you can now buy street legal quad tires fairly easily ,not an issue for off road but if you want to ride it on the street you can't show up with huge mud tires .
The new bikes are completely new ,more a commuter than anything else ,four stroke ,fuel injection ,honestly pretty close to the tw ,not sure why they don't bring them here other than they need more power ,but certainly cooler than a damn scooter.In Asia these bikes have a huge following and they have a 200 cc model ,
My 125 is the same as that yellow one ,just a little newer ,I think that guy is on crack looking for that kind of money ,I have seen very very nice original models for about $1000.00 ,often you can pick up fairly nice ones around $500.00 .
I kind of gave up on mine and just stored them all away because I couldn't find tires at the time For less than the total value of the bike and all of mine need tires ,I am 6'5" and I have no issues riding the 125 ,I flipped the bars a little foreword and the seat is huge .Its easy to just sit on the seat blip the throttle and the front tire is in the air ,very fun to ride and everybody wants to know what the bike is .

#8 ·
The new bikes are completely new ,more a commuter than anything else ,four stroke ,fuel injection ,honestly pretty close to the tw ,not sure why they don't bring them here other than they need more power ,but certainly cooler than a damn scooter.In Asia these bikes have a huge following and they have a 200 cc model ,
Considering sales of the TU250X (another very nice tiddler) are slow, Suzuki is not likely to bring in a bike that would most likely "cannibalize" sales from that and the DR200S.

No the dammed scooters are not cool, but they do have advantages as a commuter as long as one sticks to pavement (a Honda Elite 110 does not work in the mud, and is sketchy on gravel).

#11 ·
What I didn't like about ours then. It wasn't cool, for a teenager. It was to easy to ride in sand, it floated over it! But everyone else was throwing roosts-up.:(
My neighbor had one( his sons when teen) I tried to trade him my chipper for. A dealer had offered to buy it too. But he sold it cheap to a kid that blew it up and then complained to him. My neighbors son is now wanting a TW for himself and his son. He's kicking himself for buying an XT and for letting the RV go. His dad is kicking himself for not letting me get it. Id have kept it nice. Another neighbor had an old snowmobile I had wanted for years. Son, found out so he took it, totaled it. Every winter after that neighbor would say to me "wish Id let you have it".
Moral of my story is if you don't give your toys to me they will self destruct.:)

#14 ·
R(aft)V(ehicle)125. Strap to together and float across the river... (just kidding)

Reactions: Padilen
#16 ·
I've always been a huge fan of the VanVan. I'd love to own one some day. Such a fun little scoot, certainly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.