TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday the wife and I went out riding close to home. I of course I rode the TW and she on the ATV. Swan falls dam is located about 25 miles South of Kuna Idaho on the snake river. You can read more about the actual Dam here using the link http://history.idaho.gov/sites/default/files/uploads/reference-series/0068.pdf Swan falls powered the mining in Silver City which has been covered by the Admiral in a few different posts. The video was taken with my new Ion Air pro 3 and a GoPro hero 2 for the few of the different angle shots in the video. The total ride is about 26-30 miles round trip depending on the route you may take.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
13,345 Posts
That is a really nice area to ride. I like your mix of video shots from the non-POV perspective seeing the TW and ATV go over the rocks. I may try that one day. Glad to see ya'll out and about. Maybe we'll get a ride in together this year.

I was there on one of my last rides last fall before shoulder surgery. I call it Clarks Ferry Flat. I'm sure the area isn't really called this but the old Clark's Ferry site is down there. I took the same route in & out as you did but I came from the east. If you have a chance to head out there again, continue further east and drop down off the rim into Rabbit Creek on the eastern end of Big Foot Bar. It's a short trail with a neat stone homestead house. We camped there a year ago at the house and came in from Grand View. Kind of an in and out as you can't make a true loop to Clarks Ferry Flat and back without a loop up on the plateau on the rim.

BTW, very late notice. We are riding the TW's this Sunday out near Lake Owyhee. Mrs. Admiral wants to get some miles ridden before Moab. There are some pretty nice easy 2 track trails/roads out there. If you two can come you can just let me know so as to expect you and not leave to early. Plan on riding around 1030 or 1100.

We are camping along the river somewhere (within sight of the road) and you know what our camper and horse trailer look like.

Thanks for sharing your video, I like it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, very late notice. We are riding the TW's this Sunday out near Lake Owyhee. Mrs. Admiral wants to get some miles ridden before Moab. There are some pretty nice easy 2 track trails/roads out there. If you two can come you can just let me know so as to expect you and not leave to early. Plan on riding around 1030 or 1100.
I'd say I would be there but it's my Sunday to work, have a good time stay safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts