61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
F.Y.I Admiral’s picture of our lunch break site at this cute primitive camp site was poised above Poison Creek at the far end of our ride up the Little Walker River. Hoover Wilderness begins on far bank of the creek. IMG_1729.JPG
Where of course he caught me eating again...I’m not always stuffing my face, honestly. IMG_1730.JPG Dirtuvr and Tweaker keep their distance so I don’t inhale them as I gobble lunch.

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Little Walker River.

Bridge over Little Walker River at entrance to Obsidian Campground...lots of volcanic glass occurrences in this region.
The Crew climbs to new heights....we all will sleep well that night

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Dale takes a page from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe and explains Life, the Universe and Meaning of Everything.... Basically just ride an XT225.

Me, I just hoping Betty Boop and I can suck in enough oxygen to climb back up to our route back to camp.

·
Registered
13,914 Posts
Me, I just hoping Betty Boop and I can suck in enough oxygen to climb back up to our route back to camp.

I was a little nervous that the ride up out of the mine would be easy. Turns out it was easier than when we dropped down into the mine. Funny how we get a little more comfortable when we've been on the trail/route before. I was much more relaxed going back to camp after the mine than I was on the climb up. It's that "I've never been there-be frightened" mentality.

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Down around the 9000 ft level there were still lots of water and wildflowers. Not sure if this is the creek but Dirtlvr paused for a swim with her TW laying on top of her one afternoon. I thought it was a little cold for a soak.

But then, like fascinating but indechipherable arborglyphs, I don't claim to always understand the ladies.

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Oh, that wasn’t that difficult a ride... a few mud puddles, some rocks, a tight switchback or two and maybe a nose-bleed from the elevation. Nothing a little bottled oxygen and more throttle wouldn’t fix.:p
’twas an honor to meet and ride with new member Donzo. Let’s do it again!
Full Harvest Moon is next week, I may have to sneak out and harvest some moonbeams. Maybe Sonora Pass? Someplace with naked granite to reflect moonlight.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I was a little nervous that the ride up out of the mine would be easy. Turns out it was easier than when we dropped down into the mine. Funny how we get a little more comfortable when we've been on the trail/route before. I was much more relaxed going back to camp after the mine than I was on the climb up. It's that "I've never been there-be frightened" mentality.
I notice the same thing with Dirtluver she is way more relaxed going back. Me too ha. Fred that could have been her swimming hole.

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Not too late to catch the fall aspen colors, should be beginning at the upper elevations in 2 weeks or so.
All District 4 is open but being in California District 5 forest closures remain in effect another week until at least 9/21.
District 5 was open for just about 24 hours until 5 pm yesterday. I encountered a Forest Service employee parked at boundary poised ready to chase me out at 4pm on my dog walk. "But Sir, I have another hour, you can scold me then.":cool:

61 - 71 of 71 Posts