TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the swingarm to paint it and grease the bearings.It wasn't until I had it off did I notice the chain buffer was cracked. Without flinching I go to order a new oem part. And I was blown away to find out it was 50.00!
I'd do 35 even 40 but I felt it was way too much at 50.00.
I'm not cheap,but I don't like getting ripped .
I had some commercial flooring rubber and a block of Teflon I yoinked from my job site dumpster and put this together in 10 minutes
And I saved the earth of needless waste

20171012_221223.jpg 20171012_122920.jpg

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
when I was experimenting with Teflon on my snow blower skid shoes, I found out that they is a big variety in the quality of different teflons. I finally gave up and had hardened steel plates welded on. keep an eye on your's to make sure the chain isn't cutting through them

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when I was experimenting with Teflon on my snow blower skid shoes, I found out that they is a big variety in the quality of different teflons. I finally gave up and had hardened steel plates welded on. keep an eye on your's to make sure the chain isn't cutting through them

I only use teflon in that is it is a mounting block. The chain will rub on the rubber portion. I hope. I hope this works out I just totally made this up in my head

·
Registered
386 Posts
ive come across a few TW's here that had a piece of fan belt and a zip tie, doesnt look as nice as yours, i will have to make something similar...i was shocked at the price too, 1500THB which is about $45!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts