TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Mild steel, near as I can tell.

I'm splicing two together for mine. They cut like butter, so I expect they'll weld like it, too.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
150mm's (6") is a lot. I don't have the pieces handy at the moment, not sure there's enough straight section to accomodate that length.

Mine will be about 2 1/2". Cut one swingarm just forward of the snail adjusting pins. Cut the second one's arms off as far forward as the desired stretch.

Splice the two together with a sleeve or spud plates, jig it up and weld. Only one joint.

Ronnydog did his by simply spanning the gap with an inside sleeve. Villageidiot does his using your method. Mine wastes a swingarm. All should work fine given decent weld quality and jigging.

Brake rod for mine will come from a Virago. Yours will likely need a welded extension.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Village idiot (Colby) extended my swingarm, came out great. He did end up selling his TW though and all his spare parts. Nit sure if he is still on the forum. With regards to the brake rod, I had a Verdugo one but with my 3" extension and ttr225 brake arm(design comes forward rather than straight up like the tw), the Verdugo rod was too long. One benefit of using the ttr225 brake arm, I was able to use the stock tw brake rod.

Josh

Good call on the TTR arm. The curve would solve the problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
For information...

[url="http://www.sainet.or.jp/~megaton/sub1.html]The manufacturer suspension arms in Japan ...[/url]

OK. An entirely new swingarm, which explains the cost. I was wondering why they cost so much, thought it was importation fees.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
That's purty, and that lower shock hole option could help eliminate the stinkbug look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.