TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hello

It's easy to find used extended swingarms in Japan, just have to check on Yahoo auctions or visit stores in Ueno.

Most popular are made by Kijima and are available in black or chromed finish, +150 or +200mm

I wouldn't bother making one by myself.

Cheers

lol @ "made in Kawaguchi" funny one Christddel, Saitama ken is N°1, thanks for the link

·
Registered
389 Posts
I looked at the Kijima arms, but they are $500 to 600, which is nearly what I paid for my bike.

Additionally for me, the real enjoyment is in doing as much stuff as I can myself.

hello

sure, it's the same for us, we generally make our swing arms but only when they got unusual dimensions (for 10" wide wheel on our GSXR powered trike for example) but long swing arms are common on TW there and easy to find at cheap prices.

thare are also models from other brands and you can get them for 20,000¥, not same quality as Kijima of course but good enough.

check here

and there

Nihonjin made in Kawaguchi, pretty cool, my wife was born in Omiya

you shouldn't underestimate the second hand market too, many ppl in Europe buy used parts argueing they're more affordable.

Cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks! Japan is on my list of places to visit-one day I'll get there!

Hi

Sure, please let me know when you're there, there are cool restaurants in Omiya and I know some motorcycles addicts in Akabane, both are located near Kawaguchi

Cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi

Pages dedicated to TW are 42/43 but you will find many other adaptable parts all over the catalog

Cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi

Good idea

I will be back to Japan in May and let them know about their foreign customers

Saitama ken is N°1

Have a great day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.