TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you step on the left peg to get some height ? 25 years of shoeing horses has taken its toll on my 'agility'.

I suppose I could vault up from the rear over the loaded Cyclerack, like the trick riders do with horses, but that may be a bit dramatic.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Its entertaining watching some riders get on their bike without falling over..

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Some days I have to grab my pants leg & pull my leg over. But most of the time I just throw my leg over. I'm 5'11"

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I step on the left peg.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Try cocking your leg in as you swing it over? Alternatively don't feel shy about mounting by standing on a peg. Maybe have a center stand fitted as well? I twisted something today getting on in an unusual way so I feel for you.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I used to swing my right leg over my tank when I had my rack loaded. Now its habit so I do it every time.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Do you step on the left peg to get some height ? 25 years of shoeing horses has taken its toll on my 'agility'.

I suppose I could vault up from the rear over the loaded Cyclerack, like the trick riders do with horses, but that may be a bit dramatic.

If I have a big load, I stand about 2 feet away and kick my right heel up onto the seat then slide on with a hop on the left foot. It ain't graceful, but it works. Better be sure it's in gear and the footstand is not going to sag into the dirt, though....could be mighty embarrasing if it went down with you in that position!

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
@ Steve in SoCal - "I suppose I could vault up from the rear over the loaded Cyclerack, like the trick riders do with horses, but that may be a bit dramatic."

I was thinking something like that, but with one of those gymnastics spring vault devices they use on that pommel horsey thing! But eventually ruled that out due to . . . um lets see, man issues!

@ Rocky - "
I stand about 2 feet away and kick my right heel up onto the seat then slide on with a hop on the left foot. It ain't graceful, but it works".

I do the same thing. I call it my "Kung Foo Mount"! Hopefully nobody is looking when I try it.

I'll quit riding when I need a step-ladder to get on.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I got this...

If a man falls on his face in the woods and no one is there to see it, it never happened.

So all ya really gotta do is make sure you never get on or off the bike in public view.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Has anyone ever mounted a centerstand on a TW? I think you would lose an inch or so of clearance but who really needs a whole ten inches of clearance!
But seriously, if anyone has mounted a centerstand, i'd be interested in seeing it. I may weld one up and make it "removable" with four bolts or something.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
The annoying part of most centerstands on dual sports is that the length required when they're swung "up" tends to interfere with swimgarms.

Most outfits make them move along with the swingarm via a rubber bumper when they're in the up position. The bumpers wear fairly quickly and squeak like crazy.

I'm gunna` put a second kickstand on mine like the AgBikes.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
It would seem after reading all those different methods I have tried them all at one time or the other. I use the bring my upper body over the tank while kicking and bending my right leg.. I don't like marking up my side panel or seat cover.. I've just got to say how much I love these little varmints.. What a great bike.. OMM.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess I'll try 'ALL OF THE ABOVE' (except the vault thing)

If I find it too annoying...or embarrassing...I'll figure out a quick release for my container and use a day pack when I don't need to bring it all with me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts